Friday, September 02, 2022

Holiday Weekend

 


I'm sure you're all tired of me harping about how special holidays are, to me, but I have to say I'm overcome with joy which comes from the knowledge that you're standing/sitting on the eve of a holiday weekend. Granted Labor Day I consider one of the minor majors because I just didn't understand the whole concept of Labor Day and work and all that kind of stuff growing up. But a holiday it is and staff of all gone home closed up their offices in anticipation of the Monday day off. I did my holiday trip over to the market and got a few things that I felt couldn't wait until Tuesday or Wednesday. They probably all could have purchased the idea of shopping for the holiday but I'll probably make it over there couple more times before Monday but the fun of the holiday weekend.


I don't think I went overboard this year the only thing I got that was kind of holiday WAS a bag of chips POTATO CHIPS. Sadly, this market does not carry my home brand of Clover club potato chips and its probably just as well because there certainly lost their hometown flavor for me anyway. IT'S PROBABLY JUST ME ANYWAY nothing takes the same. Go to apologize for whatever this program is doing as far as shelving capital letters with you don't belong. The document reads the same just not as pretty/uniform. I even got ice cream in a carton so I can scoop out scoops of ice cream, hard ice cream into my ice cream cones. I've been doing the little cups with mental cave just not the same. I don't know if I can handle AN ICE CREAM SCOOP but we'll see half the fun of the holiday is the experimentation of trying to do a few new things. I did not get any meets, yet anyway, I do have some ballpark Franks and I got some hot dog buns and maybe I just get by on that. I do have some broccoli and I could make s'more garb rock which I totally enjoyed last week. I forgot how much I enjoyed that dish. I have in the freezer chicken and hamburger. One thing I haven't done the longest time is make barbecued chicken that might be kind of fun of course it would be much better if it was done in/on a barbecue but I don't feel compelled to do anything on the apartment barbecue besides the super hot days continue with us last thing I need is the reality in the heat cooking. Boy do I sound like a wuss or what?


The only thing for sure that I've got planned if anything is the breakfast on Sunday with Mark Anthony and who shows up. I might see what movies are playing with visiting new shows are maybe watch some of the other old ones again since I have that capability or better yet maybe just maybe do some binging with Netflix or Disney. A couple days ago I stumble onto what I thought was a relatively new series daredevil and I started watching that realizing there is a bunch more in this 1st season and I has 3 seasons this about 36 shows that subsided looks like it's pretty well done it's a marvel that says the law. So I could just been but I doubt I'll do that. I'm deep into my Bennion biography. It is really written well for biography. So I have popsicles I have jalapeno peppers and I have juice I have things frozen and I have vegetables I'm set for the weekend. By the way Dennis, I loved your posting on Facebook or wherever that image of you on the farm is just darling…

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Thanks. I love that picture. The other part is how desolate the farm in Pocatello looks. (My daughter doesn't understand the farm and I assume your children don't either.)