Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Raindrops Falling On My Head

 


I was caught in the cloudburst this morning on my way to my credit union to get the cash for this month's letters. I just finished my business at the credit union there is one massive dark cloud city right above our area. Luckily my credit union is just a few yards away from the bus stop but still in the matter of seconds started with a few drops like the sky opened up and the mixture of hail and large drops of rain plopped down on the sidewalk and myself. It was kind of unnerving because there is blue sky all around except for his huge massive black cloud hanging over the my part of the Valley. The temperatures were warm it was a little unpleasant having that amount of moisture unleashed on my body up all at once but the cloudburst was not significant to the point it would destroy my day in fact in about 5 minutes the whole thing of past and aside from a bit more dense humidity one would never know how significant the cloudburst had been. If you are minutes my bus arrived and I was inbound for the apartments.


I was kind of impressed with myself because not only had I gotten up and gotten my morning service for my tender care folks I actually jumped the bus went down to the credit union got the cash I would need for my letters and came back all within an hour. Not that it mattered but one of the insurance brokers was having what he called “tenant appreciation function”. He supposedly was bringing lunch and that they would have a raffle of some sort. It was just this weasel way of getting access to tenants of this property that he could try to strong-arm them to change insurance plans for his own benefit. I'll try to limit my disgust to a few lines only because I can get carried away on these “fishers of men”. I had heard that perhaps this guy was going to bring a real launch. I would've been satisfied with pizza that was almost warm but as I came back from my banking trip I could see his little car parked front of the building and he was unloaded plastic containers full of the individual lunches. Essentially a sandwich of some sort I think your croissant in this case stuffed with lunch meats and other fancy decorations with probably some kind of donut or something at the end with the mandatory bottles of water. Definitely something I was not interested in especially not enough to sit in the presence of this elderly vulture (pretty funny probably should say vulture of the elderly are on the elderly). He also brings in some cheap giveaway things than has some kind of a game like bingo or some other payment somebody has to win then gets choice of some of these trinkets. Ours reminds me of the Indians and the pilgrims. I ended up having a banana and frozen meat burrito and hunkered down and finished my mail out project. There are still a couple of days in this month I don't know how fast the mail will deliver my October letters but who knows? Maybe we'll actually get there on the 1st day of the month…

No comments: