Saturday, September 24, 2022

Pine-Sol Saturday

 


I really don't want to become histrionic or totally focused on one idea but never before have I been so aware of inflation as I am right now. In the past, inflation was always just an economic term used in history or to broadly describe items going on on the national level but somehow really didn't impact me very much. Maybe I've just oblivious to what's been going on in my life in the area of inflation. Inflation is just not been significant until now. And even now, inflation is still more of a concept that a reality but I'm really noticing pricing changes at the cash register when I check out. The biggest jump in prices that I've noticed this last 2 weeks has been the charge on my vegetable juice, my spicy vegetable juice which I totally love and don't really for see me going without any time in the near future. I am in fact trying to figure out ways to stretch the morning drink. When I was shopping yesterday for the beverage, I usually like 2 bottles of time because that's all I can carry weight wise and that's enough to get me through a week or 2 usually. But, I was a little taken back at the price which is like $5.89 a bottle the last week when I purchased the bottles it was about $4.89! I can't believe my beverage increased a dollar in that amount time as I said this increase in price space has not deterred me from purchasing the drink. I did purchase a stalk of celery however. I just realized I kind of wrote about this yesterday – – this is a senior moment? I don't think I carried on as much about the cost increase.


I have to admit, just realizing that I merely wrote the same blog twice and not even realize that until a 3rd of the way through the new entry. This is kind of weird. I guess part of it is that I'm not doing enough new stuff I guess to create totally new blogs. However, I don't want to stop writing because I love doing the process, seeing the words appear on my computer screen and then onto the blog itself. I have to watch this however because is nothing worse than a senior who repeats itself over and over again. So in desperation I will recount my bit of housekeeping today which was mopping the bathroom floor. I could say scrubbing the floor because I did that to with the long handled scrub brush I have which allows me to scrub between the tiles. I'm astounded at how dirty or how much dirt collection of spaces between the tiles. Today however I used a water bucket with Pine-Sol mixed with its which brought back memories of my mother's house cleaning efforts to how difficult that must've been for her trying to keep the house clean with all the kids running in and out. I could now totally identify with her frustration of trying to keep busy feed off of just mopped floors. In my case of course it's wheelchair tires. I scrub with the brush that I mopped the dirty water left over from scrubbing the tiles and then pushing.water towards the drain with my mopped. I did as best I can and then let the whole thing dry and call it “mopped”. After all, the floor looks a lot better, a lot cleaner and then you have Pine-Sol permeating the whole apartment and nothing gives the illusion of cleanliness and Pine-Sol…


No comments: