Monday, September 05, 2022

Labor Day Hottie

 

.

I think I've told you about my vortex theory, I think everybody subscribes to it in one form or another weathers the lost sock in the dryer or trying to find the one shoe you know it's there but for the life you can't find it only to find these things the next day or whenever you think you no longer need them like when you replace them with time and effort. This happened to me again this morning bums me out just a little. I asked to got some decent sleep last night which is always welcome having to get up only once to cath. I noticed the bathroom need some real attention especially the floor. And I felt today would be a good day to address that need.


My mom used Pine-Sol I can still remember. Coming home to have that Pine-Sol smell throughout the house and she was hitting the bathroom or the kitchen or wherever with the mop and bucket and what seemed like lots of Pine-Sol. So I'm a believer. Couple weeks ago I bought a bottle, a small bottle of Pine-Sol, after all of this and take a whole lot. And I have been meaning to, at the right moment get after some of the floors of the apartment. I've been dragging lots of dirt and the place this summer we slept a couple times (actually a bunch of times) and there's just all kinds of buildup on the floors. I figured because it was old holiday weekend what better time to address the needs of the bathroo or especially after this morning's shower. Attract a lot of dirt in last week after getting my wheelchair stuck in the mud and it's time to address the left over mud on the floor and some odors which have been developing. I messed around the apartment after Melissa left. I even worked out on the arm bike got my 60 minutes in that's when I decided to mop the floor in the bathroom. I got my ever ready red bucket out and then started searching for my bottle of Pine-Sol which of course I couldn't find anywhere. Other tile at low but could not believe it was gone. However, the day was so nice outside of just head over to the market pickup at another bottle. I never made it to the market at least to Macy's. With the advent of the dollar store, dollar $.25 store and that store being right before Macy's and up doing a side trip and of course found a huge bottle of what I was looking for for a $1.25.


True to the nature of the vortex assumes I got home I happened to notice the cabinet next to the stove where I keep a lot of light cleaning materials was ajar. Unbelievably of all the places I was looking this morning for the Pine-Sol I did look there and of course when I opened the cabinet there was. Now I have a nearly new bottle of Pine-Sol in the mega bottle of a knockoff brand. Well the bigger bottle will go into the cabinet for sometimes the future and I took the Pine-Sol measured the water out of the Pine-Sol and went to work. I wish I could say it was a fine and fun experience but I don't really have a decent mop. The ones I have the sponges in the mop of all kind of deteriorated. I did get the Pine-Sol water on the floor and I think got the oder -makers pretty well eradicated. I did not as best as I could with what I had but like I said the mop sponge is pretty well disintegrated living quite a mess on the floor which I am going to try to broom/sweep up. I think it will throw my old mops away except for one which is one of those mops of all the stringy things on the end like a real-life old-time mop. One that you need to have some kind of ringer to press the water out. I got mom's mop bucket when she died and I know it was at the house but I don't know what happened to it it obviously did make the move over here. It would've been perfect. I'm stoked to see if I can find a mop bucket that as the ability to bring the water out of the mop. I'm also going to see if I can find a mop that I can actually work to squeeze the moisture out of the sponge and mop the floor.


Probably not the best way to spend the Labor Day but, it really is to hot to try to do anything outside was just no fun trying to do a fun cook thing inside what I did have though was perfect for my Labor Day, one cold hot dog, green grapes and cottage cheese, grape tomatoes the last of my ruffled potato chips with sour cream dressing. I didn't have a watermelon – – and that would've been nice – – but I'm okay with that. All in all it was a pretty good Labor Day I am thankful…

No comments: