Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Like The Before Times

 

Storm clouds threatening my trip home.


Remember that scene in Avengers Endgame where the characters, after they are brought back how they talked about how weird it was losing those 5 years. Today I attended the 1st UA TF (Utah assistive technology foundation) meeting since before Covid and I felt much like I imagine those characters in the movie felt. It is like wow I haven't seen these guys and 2 years well except for we did have a number of Zoom meetings somehow it's just not the same as greeting somebody and even shaking their hands if you still do that kind of stuff and receiving your little box lunch and settling down for your meal before the actual meeting. Really, it is the little things that you miss at least I did and granted I'm pretty shallow.


The meeting, of course was in the Judy Anne Buffmire building which is fortunate for me because the building is at the other end of Redwood Road is just one bus ride for me, no bus changes or anything. In the 2nd benefit of attending the meeting in person is that I can actually drop in on the folks there at UCATand have a little work done on my chair. Even though the shops not open on Monday Wednesdays and Fridays one of the bosses of the operation is on the same board as I and took me back after the meeting was over I found a couple of the pieces I needed for my power chairs. The only drawback if there was one today was the probability of a possible thunderstorms or cloudburst's of storms wandering through the area. Also little concerned just because I wore short sleeves and I hate to be cold and wet. The temperatures however were hot 80° so even if it did rain would not be too uncomfortable but, I was worried about the piece of broken off my power chair exposing the fragile electrical components and I think computer things. I got everything I needed taking care of so the day was productive way beyond my expectations. There was a storm lurking over the Eastern mountains is as on my trip home and I was really anxious to get home before anything erupted beside the still had to do my work out as well as listen to my favorite radio show Marketplace. Which I did but just barely. The storm was kind of a dud rendering just a little when in a few drops of rain, but still I was thankful to be home ready for the evening.


I don't want to jinx myself with a comment like “it's great to be on the other side of Covid” because who knows what variant will show itself? But it was great being able to meet with my old colleagues perhaps the best part of all is that tomorrow is the A T Council meeting which I've been part of for years and another one of those meetings which haven't really met since the Covid or to be for times…

No comments: