Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Tuesday Night Gruel

 

gruel from the Internet much different than what I make


I blew out my kitchen again, of course not literally, I just wanted to finish the job I started yesterday when I tried up some chicken and made some rights. It was a good evening aside from making a total mess out of the kitchen. I now have gruel for the rest of the week. Actually gruel is a liquidy dish made from mush or something of some sort but I use the term as anything whipped up with what ingredients might be available. This was my idea of food in the medieval times when they actually referred to a dish as gruel. Anyway when this dish is not gruel actually Frank! I think I've addressed the history of this name but quickly Frank Bono core a roommate that I had at one point in time from Boston Massachusetts. He made a concoction consisting of one roast chicken (which he would roast in my oven) then MJ B minute rice which is mixed with onions celery carrots and everything was mixed and served with the chicken when the chicken was done. Over the years I've not really roasted a chicken but would use whatever chicken I had available anything from canned chicken to leftover KFC and anything in between. Today's chicken was chicken parts I got from the food bank last year and has been sleeping coldly in the freezer ever since. I was really pleased with how well everything went together. I have never done this before but since I actually had the rice made last night I put the fried chicken parts into the saucepan that I made the rice in and shoved everything into the refrigerator and it worked just fine on top of that this evening as I finished my supper of a bowl of Frank/gruel a shovel all the leftovers back into the said saucepan covered it through the whole thing into the refrigerator. I've never done that before. I've always done this horrible search trying to find 1st a plastic container big enough to hold the leftovers then finally the top of actually matches the container. I sidestepped that whole trauma this time and hopefully I've got a solution soon.


Invariably I buy a couple of plastic containers from the market or I do the thing of saving things I've purchased in the plastic container to use as a storage device when I cook something that I want a refrigerate for leftovers. Invariably within weeks all the plastic containers amid mixed with all the other containers as well as with the lid's. They're all essentially useless on unless I figure out a way to pull all the plastic containers out as well as the lives and try to match. What I want to do now is throw all that stuff away and invest in a brand-new set of containers all matched and already to go. Now talks cheap whether I carried this through or not I don't know but that's what I want to do saw how large containers and then small serving size containers and want to figure out a system that they will all be accessible when I need them. I know me well enough to know that I will probably just keep adding containers even if I get these new ones and soon I'll have the trauma all over again. What I need to do is just limit myself to X amount of containers so I know exactly how many I have and where their lids are. Now I just have to sweep the kitchen floor and watch a few dishes either tonight or tomorrow before my staff gets here so they don't know how horrible a kitchen housekeeper I am but I'm pretty excited to have gruel for the rest of the week…

No comments: