Saturday, September 17, 2022

Meatloaf: MMm MMm Good




I continue to go through this weird stage of trying to sleep. Seems like every day I wake up earlier and where waking up very early is a bit intimidating I end up getting through the day relatively okay. Today I woke up 3:45 AM roughly and I really never got back to sleep even though I . I finally drug myself out of bed a little after 6 AM . I had made arrangements with my neighbor across the hall to meet her for coffee at the little coffee shop across the street at around 9:30 AM so I didn't want to really go back to sleep and sleep past my get up time by doubt that's ever happened to me I don't want to chance it plus knowing that this is happening is probably another reason why I'm not sleeping in. I think it might also be the dramatic television show series I'm watching right now by talking about that yesterday. The fall days are really beginning to hit the Wasatch front. The trees of not began their turn but the days are quite nice not to hot and not too cold and everything seems to be crisp. I've been thinking about meatloaf for some time that I figured it'd be a great day to do the project. I have hamburger frozen in the refrigerator but I didn't want to go through the hassle of having the thaw the burglar out and all that stuff plus I didn't have an onion or suitable green pepper so that was enough impetus to saddle up across the street to hit the market before the Sabbath. My trip to the market was a relatively quick visit I knew what I needed and I didn't want to impulse purchase too. I did okay only $18 and change which is a bad for me and the trip to the market. I even brought home a lot basket which kind of surprised me the usually catch me when I'm trying to leave with a basket on my lap. I'll have to return it on Monday. I'm always surprised at how well things go together when the kitchens relatively clean. I had all the cutlery and cutting boards washed it out top of the stove is clean I was set. I quickly process the onion and green pepper through it in with the meat but the spices together that I used at its garlic powder, Worchester sauce. I mixed it all together and soon had ended its pan and into the oven. If there was a problem at all with today's cooking (beside the horrific mess silencing debate) it's getting the end product out of the hot oven. I ended up letting the product cool toy could get around close enough to lift up the meatloaf and put it on the stove. I was a little unhappy with the way the meatloaf looks, not too appetizing, but I must say taste wise for the best meatloaf's I've ever made. I think it was the extra Worchester sauce I put in. Now I just have to put it in some kind of storage device and throw it in the refrigerator for the rest of the week released the 1st of the week. I still plan to cook a pie tonight. I purchased a frozen apple pie earlier this week not got around to cook it yet. I need to cook it just so I have more space in the freezer and have it available case I need to have a sweet to eat over the Sunday. So, it was a good day cooking for me. Not only did I get out of the house (early morning coffee with Billie my neighbor) I got to the market and purchased ingredients for a killer meatloaf. It's not like a football game or a trip to the fair or even a bus ride but I think it was a pretty good Saturday all things considered…

No comments: