Saturday, September 10, 2022

September Saturday

 



As much as I hate to say goodbye to the good hot weather and anticipate the ever nearer cold weather there is that bit of blessed time between seasons that is downright beautiful and a joy to live through. Even with the high smoke brought in from the California fires the day was kind of beautiful not that I did anything spectacular with it aside from just enjoy I'm glad to live through it. As you can see from the days posting photograph/image the foliage of the trees around this area are still quite green with no hint yet of the change. I sat today out on the patio enjoying what sunshine was able to get through the smoke covering. You can see that the tables and chairs for the patio are all being brought together now for some kind of storage over the winter months. The most likely just be pushed underneath the roof overhang. I sat in the haze playing with my cell phone, reading messages and just enjoying the afternoon.


I thought about jumping the bus going into the city for the Greek Festival or maybe even the state fair where just couldn't muster the interest or desire. It is more important to be still and enjoy the moment. I cooked this afternoon. My new plan for my Saturday afternoon style is to cook something that can be used only for the simple Sunday meal but also which can be used for meals the following week. I purchased a bag of broccoli tops/crowns a week or so ago and I did not want to lose them. I still had a little less than half of a can of corn beef which I used on the garb rock that I prepared last week. The had everything I needed for another batch so that's what I did this afternoon. I believe the cool now and it's about ready to stow in the refrigerator for next week. I took out chicken aspect in the freezer for some time and I'm anxious to get it at least semi processed/cooked that I can use for Frank next week maybe cook some on Monday. I checked I still have celery one more onion I would like a carrot or 2 but can get by without them if I need. A healthy better Frank would be good for next week and use up the frozen meat. I'm sure the meets okay is spending frozen all this time but in light of what's gone on recently with food storage my goal is to use everything in this next quarter and start replenishing with much more current “use by” dates. May not be noble but it certainly much more practical. I'm thankful that I did not get sick from the clam chowder that I had yesterday.


It's Saturday afternoon in Taylorsville local fire station is really beginning to dispatch engines really often now which is often the case on Saturday nights. I will probably watch one or 2 episodes of daredevil and call it a night and get ready to go to breakfast tomorrow morning with Mark Anthony and whoever else might show up. I sent a message to Mark A regarding tomorrow morning live yet to hear anything back but sure he'll be there hopefully Jasmine who join. I doubt if I'll watch the news tonight looks like college football's got the networks pretty much taking care of as far as national news. Local news I can probably do without and national is all but the death of Queen Elizabeth and the pageantry of the final party for the old girl. Queen Elizabeth and her passing hardly qualify as hard-core news. I'm going out now to catch some more rays of the sun before setting. I imagine by this time next week the trees will begin turning getting ready for the fall color pageant but who knows global warming may have something totally different than mine and I'll just have to enjoy whatever that might be…

No comments: