Monday, September 26, 2022

Monday Muse

 



I was going to spend this evening working on finishing up my letter project for October. I have the letters written now all I need to do is print the envelopes and stuff them. Like I said I was going to do that tonight but when I called Assist, Inc. I was told that tomorrow's meeting has been canceled. This is kind of a shame because this is perfect weather for bus tripping. I may still head out in the morning to get to Mountain America pull out some $5 bills for letter stuffing. That I can finish the project and be sure to have letters in the mail for the 1st of the month, October. So, I can free up tonight. I could do some home maintenance stuff like sweeping the kitchen floor and washing up some dishes that she waited for the weekend. Or I could just dial up another movie to watch. There just something very therapeutic to me and watching old movies over and over again. Perhaps it's just the fact that I don't have to totally focus on the film because I know it's going to happen. Since I have Netflix and Disney plus I could actually pull them up on my tablet and watch the movie while I was printing envelopes. Not a bad idea will just have to see how far my energy levels hold. I may want to get off my butt early tonight I hope for any healing to take place I don't have any skin breakdowns it's just that my rooms begin to feel little sensitive or don't want to encourage any possible issues.


Aside from my sensitive tush I'm entering this last week of September in pretty good spirits. The weather is delightful and I should really be doing more but I'm just kind of tired right now. Perhaps I'm still recuperating from last week's full agenda and that's fine. I'm finding of spending maybe in our art who the day leaning back in my chair out in the common area on the patio just soaking in the sun. I know that sounds terribly geriatric being a some beast of all but you know what? I've always done that specially working at the Independent living Center where all the quads “sun beasted especially in the winter. 5 or 6 wheelchair people sitting faceup towards the sun just enjoying the rays come through the windows totally heating the body. I was much younger than that didn't feel at all that I was wasting any time since is actually getting paid to be at work. Now, I'm getting paid for living in this apartment complex kind of from a different funding source but still federal money. The only real difference is I can't get fired from this last “job”. I still have images of my mind of rows of old farts In wheelchairs

facing the sunlight coming through large industrial institutional Windows, waiting for death. That's okay who are we kidding. Senior living facilities of any kind just make it easier for “father death”.


I don't know what I would do if our offered any kind of employment right now at this point in my life. It would feel natural to take on the position like that but I just don't think my body could handle working to be honest with you.. This is kind of hard to admit but I think it's true. I would enjoy the socialization that that kind of work might bring I just don't know I could do it.

No comments: