Sunday, September 25, 2022

Meat And Potatoes… Yum!

 


It's kind of strange Sunday for me. Mark Anthony as well as Jasmine are out of town today. The reader knows that we have a standing breakfast every Sunday at the local restaurant not far from my apartment. Today was the 1st time that both kids were gone leaving me to fend for myself on the Sunday morning. I certainly didn't want to go out to the restaurant by myself. In fact, I've been want to do my own cooking for some time breakfast wise. So I slept in a bit this morning got up and put together a rather humbled breakfast of French toast and Vienna sausages. I didn't make much of a mess so it shouldn't be difficult to clean up tomorrow morning before Melissa gets here. Today's French toast not the best I've ever made. I burnt a couple of the pieces, not so bad about I wouldn't eat them they just smelled carbon based. I will save the left over French toast for breakfast this coming week.


Without the extended breakfast at Dee's restaurant I found myself a lot of time on my hands. I decided I would jump into my next round of letters for the month of October. It's not that of a big Christian, I am not, but I don't like to do a lot of labor on Sunday is just something ingrained. However, I can justify working on letters as an important piece to do during my Sunday. Keeping in contact with family is a important project for me. At least with my immediate family pretty much my kids and their kids. You'll remember that each individual gets their own letter not a copy and paste version of an original letter. I don't notice because a lot of LDS families or parents tend to do that with holiday letters which goes out to everybody and their dog, the same letter over and over again. I think it's important that each letter regardless of how basic that letter is the written for that specific person even though, perhaps, many of the pieces of information you are sharing will be the same. It's bad enough that I'm dictating these letters not even typing them with my own hands which is probably a step down from a handwritten document. But those of you who know me even before my accident people could not read my handwriting and after the accident you have to have some kind of spiritual intervention or a special device such as used by Joseph Smith to translate the words on the paper. Just not like you can get those specialized classes at the dollar store. These magic specs are usually hidden in some large hill in New York's farm country. I have now finished the letters aside from going through in checking the quality of the software which took my dictation. One has to be careful… Very careful. That still gives me a number of days before the 1st of the month to print out each letter as well as the envelopes. You have enough lead time to cover any problems that might arise like not enough stamps, envelopes or issues with the printer. I'm anticipating an easy October for letters.


I actually made a small Sunday dinner this evening as I watched a Marvel documentary on the avengers. I made fake mashed potatoes and a couple pieces of the meatloaf I made earlier in the week. I really anticipated opening the account of something green possibly spinach or green beans but I just didn't have the energy or the well are the vessel to heat up the vegetables with I think I will get there eventually right now I'm sticking with meat and potatoes no matter what. My rear end is kind of sensitive tonight I don't know if that means I'll have a early in mid-focus on finishing my novel are maybe just laying back and watching a movie that seems like a copout butcertainly be low-energy

No comments: