Monday, October 03, 2022

Abandon Body Abandon captures

 



Today actually was beautiful, probably too beautiful for workweek, it's a shame that we didn't have the skies sunshine over the weekend without the wind just pure clear sunshine. But I can't complain I did enjoy the weekend as well.


Having said that I must also fill the reader in on how weird today it was at the apartment complex. It's Monday that's the day Melissa comes. Melissa is by caregiver who comes on Monday mornings at 8:00 AM choose a busy little person so I'm never really sure how close is able to make any given time but that's okay I'm not doing anyway at that time of the day. Thought was a little weird to be because she was 20 minutes to 30 minutes late and unless there's a problem with her vehicle or problems at home this never happens or should just be a call to let me know she's going to be late or maybe not be able to come today but not today. I just busied myself doing this in doing that I had fresh coffee made and I was, focused on doing some of the word puzzles I do each morning to get me going. And when she finally did show up/walk through the door I could tell something weird is going on. She seemed really energized then she laid out a totally bizarre story. She actually been here since just before 8 AM the usual time but as she came into the building she almost tripped over a body. An elderly woman laying on the floor not moving. In a split second Melissa's training kicked in dropping to her knees begin first aid lifesaving compression therapy on the body laying in front of her which she kept up for the next 20 minutes or until the EMTs got there. Melissa confided in me that she was just going through the motions the body was cold to the touch unresponsive a true goner. I got Melissa into the apartment gave her a couple coffee and told her to take a minute to pull yourself together. About this time more law enforcement came in and begin Melissa had to take off go down to the scene and give a statement. After all, this is a senior living apartment complex this shouldn't be too out of the ordinary but it seemed to be.


Things got even weirder because the past when somebody died on the premise 102 law enforcement people showed up maybe with a fire station/engine crew but this was weird because they didn't touch the body other than their own besides their own first aid attempts. But they left the body on the floor cordoned off the whole area. Mind you this was right in front of the elevator which everybody uses course. The point of physical barriers around the body so nobody could see them unless you're above the area. And they sort left it there for the next hour or 2. This wasn't just a senior dying law enforcement and there are about 7 or 8 law enforcement vehicles all around the property was treating this incident as a crime scene! It seems like some of his murdered here something. It was hard as hell trying to find out who the victim was. At one time somebody said I would have known the person because it was one of the new people. It turned out to be just that one of the new people who will only been here about 2 weeks. She was very friendly she smiled all the time had a nice laugh now it was all gone. She probably just paid rent for the next month life is certainly funny that way. Of course, this is been the main discussion all over the apartment complex all day long. Everybody giving witness to the last experience with this person and how strange to have her gone before she was really even here. Secretly in the back of my mind and I'm sure a lot of others just glad it was her not us as I bring my chair back in the brilliant warm sunshine of autumn and thank God I'm still alive…


Editor's note: the image on today's posting is a set of shoes I found to be going up to Walmart looking for coarse pepper. Another strange scene that I wish I knew the story for MS

No comments: