Monday, October 31, 2022

Nuts to Nuts

 


If my home health worker, Melissa, had not shown up this morning and the tutu I would not have even realize today is Halloween. Even the staff here at the complex didn't dress up. Which is okay with me I wish that the whole dressing up thing was overrated even as a kid. I think I've written before about going up to the rich part of town, on the 2nd bench of Boise, where they gave out full candy bars, big ones. I remember only one time making the trek up there I think I was dressed in some kind of rabbit suit or something. All I remember that it was cold and we walked and walked and walked all over the bench. The cloth mask over my head was drenched with ice from condensation from my breathing and then freezing. I was so glad to be over Halloween that evening. I guess the candy was good from that standpoint at least one pillowcase but I still thought it was a high price.


Visiting with my home health worker this morning she indicated that should be taken her kids to a least 3 trunk or treat events. I guess communities dump all the candy and trunks of cars and park in one place and then allow the kids to go from one vehicle to the next and effort control the possibilities of errant behavior from grown-ups. Still all kinds of warnings about having the parents check the candy haul before letting the little kids tear into that much sugar who knows what else.


I actually purchased a new phone this morning! For one reason or another the control buttons on my cell phone screen of becoming less and less active. For example in my emails I haven't able to erase any for the last couple of days. I can identify those emails I want to get rid of but the button to push the finish the project just doesn't work. Luckily I found a way to get around that by going to my Gmail account in my tablet and deleting the unwanted emails or spam. This is also the case when trying to post images from my cell phone camera to different places where I can then use them to upload to different platforms like this blog when I use a image for an illustration. For the 1st time I didn't get the bare-bones offer I actually went up 1 to the next phone available through consumer cellular. When it was all done the cost is almost $300 which I pretty much bit the bullet and put on my card. I just didn't want to have to deal with 10 or $12 a month for what seems like forever. I have more than enough in savings to cover this if I need to. I spent a little time today also working on trying to figure out what I'm going to do with this box of filberts in the Shell. Of course, We Got Nuts , won't visit anybody over the phone lines to communicate with email which makes the whole thing seem frustratingly impossible. I sent an email and have yet not heard anything in return. I like the outfit that done pretty well so far and I may have screwed up and ordered the filberts in shell but I definitely remember trying to make them take extra precautions that I did not do that. We'll just have to see what happens. The cost of the item was just $23 doesn't seem like a lot but my going to a 3 pounds of hazelnuts in the Shell …

No comments: