Saturday, October 08, 2022

Blue Between The Slats




I guess the high point of my day was coffee with my neighbor across the hall, Billie over at the local coffee shop which is literally across the street from my apartment complex. It's great. All I have to do is cross the street and there I am. I only go there on Saturdays usually have coffee with my neighbor. She's trying to drum up other folks to go across the street with us but so far 9:30 AM seems to be a little too early for these folks and it's a little too late for me. For example tomorrow I will meet my son and maybe granddaughter if I'm lucky at this restaurant just on the street from my apartment complex. We go there because it's easy for me to get to in my power chair. It's not that I don't like there menu system that we been going there for almost a year now, every Sunday, and we've gotten to know the menu pretty good. However, if I were to go to another restaurant I would have to catch at least a bus to go somewhere and be a little different. And really, all Sunday breakfasts are kind of the same to a certain degree unless you go to a high-end restaurant and then is just fluff and a lot more money. And the point I was trying to make when I got lost in that “word forest” is that I'm going to meet the kids at 8 AM at this other restaurant. And actually, it's not necessarily the food that's important it's the company that were keeping and hang out with each other this one time during the week that we do every week otherwise weeks and sometimes months go by that we don't see each other when we don't make time to do so. Life comes at you so quick


Following the time at the coffee shop Billie going her way in me going mine I came right back to the apartments worked on trying to clean the place up a little bit. My regular person who just be attending care on Fridays was not here this week having to go to Idaho for family business. And the person who covered is a great mellow spending time with her but she doesn't do any cleaning. So usually my regular Friday person cleans up just enough to get me through the weekend. However now I'm on my own and I'm trying to clean up a little bit. I washed out one of the trash containers in the kitchen I got a little messy with liquid stuff I'm impressed with myself. I even washed it up with Pine-Sol. I didn't get very far however leaving more time tonight and chores to do the least make my Sunday morning a little cleaner on the table and in the kitchen. I'm going to sweep the floor and call it good. Since no one comes over on Sundays… Hardly ever I should be okay and in the clear. I fought and won not going to the market today. I truly have everything I need here in the apartment I just have to manufacture something out of the ingredients I have access to. I have some steaks line out that I can use for either more finger steaks or chopped up and cooked up to put in stew. I like to get stew like in the can and then add stuff to it make you the real stew let cook for hours which I'm thinking might do with this steak I'm thawing out now. Trouble is is now late Saturday night and if I use this meet for what I'm thinking it would be tomorrow and since I don't rarely cook on Sunday I may just have to put it in their fridge until Monday and cook up a jazzed up stew then.


I went out a couple times looking for the smoking posse but didn't see anybody. As I laid back in my chair on the patio I saw the slatted thing build up in the patio, this design does not do a whole lot to keep the sun off a person while they're laying back in their chairs. I was intrigued however enough to take a couple images one of whom is here. Happy Saturday night…



No comments: