Monday, October 17, 2022

Just Another Monday…

 


The beautiful days are now deceiving. There been no clouds to speak of but there's just been a very slight breeze enough to really compromise sitting out in the sun to read or just enjoy the direct sunlight. I did that however for a few minutes today. It's tolerable, sitting out in the sun right now, but not totally enjoyable. Today also was the 1st time people started stopping and actually wanting to visit. I don't think I was snarky but I was beginning to become a bit impatient. I think with each day as the planet loses its direct contact to the sun that even though the days are bright and sunny the warmth just doesn't seem to reach the same efficiency as before. I have to acknowledge fall is definitely here.


Today, Melissa was my home caregiver, I had a load me into the “backup” chair because I made arrangements to have the main power chair picked up by IHC wheelchair shop for some general maintenance bolt tightening things like that as well as the replacement of the front end foot box and I think one of the posts on an arm to the chair. As a couple other items on the chair that needs to be worked on but doesn't necessarily have to happen today/tomorrow and hopefully my chair will be back tomorrow evening. Once again I'm totally thankful to have a decent backup chair but but there is something definitely wrong with this vehicle. I think the left motor is pretty well gone. I may have to focus on a stick of another motor on the chair. Of course I would go through my folks at ucat 1st to see what they could do. I am still a believer that you have so much equipment and much of that equipment are items like motors that are still quite good and would work well on the back of chair since I rarely use it more than just once or twice a year when the manger is not available. I'm not sure what the cost would be on such endeavor but I know it would be cheaper than going to someplace like IHC or some other wheelchair shop. I'm way past the warranty/support for the backup chair.


I think more to prove to myself that I was okay and not totally hibernating/hiding in the apartment I used one of our coupons for the Arctic Circle across the street for corndog. Inflation is hitting everything forever the corn dogs were a dollar 50. They're now a dollar 50 still if you have one of the coupons that come out with their little flyer the 1st of each month. If not it's about $2.25. I know it's not a lot but it's just the principle and it gets me out of the house. Of course they don't have their lobby open so I have to go through the drive-through which is kind of scary but today was kind of slow. When I asked for mustard to go with my corndog stipulating I would like to have the mustard in a cup when they the serving person wanted to hand me a handful of mustard packages. I hate those small mustard packages. Even if I can tear the top off to access the mustard I still have to push the mustard out and apply it to the hot dog/corndog in my other hand. Just easier to have a large cup of busters. When I said this the guy at the window said okay hold on and I think he went back and cut the tops off all those packages and squeezed them out into one dipping cup. I mean I think they had gallon jars full of mustard back there with pumps I hope you did that. The sun was warm and very little Windows I ate my corndog in the parking lot of the Arctic Circle knowing that these days also be a thing of the past…

No comments: