Saturday, October 22, 2022

First Snow

 


Unlike most storms which wander into the territory vicious with great wind and vicious rain turning to snow quickly overtaking the last of the good weather this storm is a slow mover gently wandering into the Wasatch front. The temperature was actually in the 60s this morning as I rolled across the street to the coffee shop to hang out with Janet and Billie. Saturday morning coffees becoming tradition. This morning we were kind of shocked (Billie and I went over together) as the parking lot was full and inside the coffee shop seemed to have wall-to-wall people. We had wandered into a “meet the candidate forum” for one of the individuals running for office in Salt Lake County. I was a bit scared that we may not have a place to set , since the table one we usually where are usually sit had been taken over by the campaigners. Luckily Janet had come earlier and stick to table out for us so we were set to go.


My neighbor Billie impresses me so much. She is very old-school misses dressing up and having formal occasions where people are nice to each other. She especially likes getting totally involved with meet the candidate forums. She says she doesn't like Fox news but it's always on my visit her at her apartment. Her apartment is spotless as is her attire. I'm totally are raised that she spends time with me. However I am her neighbor across the hall at the end of the hallway and we see ourselves as our own support system if and when we need them. We text a lot these days even though we live just across the hall from each other. I sense that Billie is going to bed earlier and earlier each day. She is totally worn out and must retreat to her bed which is good. I am in and out most days a least during the summer and autumn. Now the weather is getting more and more inclement I don't know. I think we wear each other out when we're too much in each other's business. Perhaps that's natural.


I have not heard from Mark Anthony yet. I know he has a DJ job tonight I don't know how long or how late he will be. At this point I assume will be doing breakfast in the morning. I'm not sure if snow will fall during the evening. Rain for sure is coming down right now not a lot but enough and if the temperature should drop significantly we will have some snow not much – – after all it is the 1st snow of the season. I even got donuts the other day at the market. The cake donuts and is not like cake donuts but now I've certainly grown fond of them particularly with my morning coffee. I am anticipating on returning to D's restaurant tomorrow even though the kids have an issue with the place. For me it's simple and close by even foul weather I can get easily to the restaurant and the keeper coffee cup always fall and that's enough to bring me back



No comments: