Saturday, October 15, 2022

Celebrating Saturday… Leisurely

 



As much as I tried today I couldn't get myself to leave the property. It is but a beautiful Saturday, autumn at its finest (we could use moisture any moisture but short of that) with brisk morning temperatures fade into pleasant mid 70° perfect 1st sitting outside the apartment and just reading. I kept looking at the back gate thinking all I had to do was grab my “Go” bag and go anywhere UTA takes me downtown to Siegfried's deli, or south the DI, Smith's grocery store with lots of specials or even just up to the movies a half a block from here. And the point is, I just could not get enough gumption to do anything. There is the case I guess, I could make, of having coffee with my neighbor at the coffee shop across the street. So maybe that was my escape from the apartment complex. I'd made sure that I had been all my shopping the things I might need yesterday the weeks laundry is done and the the floors are swept into my bed is made. I wish it looked as nice as the image I have at the top of this blog entry. Melissa, my Monday person, changes the sheets every 2 weeks and puts together this fine looking bed. I just love sheets as well as the comforter after the bid is made, the 1st night. I always sleep better the 1st night after the beds made. Really does make me feel like I'm cradled all night. But my bet is made, and this morning I made it, not as pretty but it still functional and welcomes me at the end of the day.


So I spent a good part of the morning after coffee and after the day warmed significantly out in the back of the apartment complex basting in the sun, intermittently laying back in my chair watching clouds and jets make contrails are reading my current paperback and trying to be cordial when people pass me going to the dumpsters or to their vehicles. The truth is I feel guilty enjoying my days like this. I feel I should be doing something else. You should be doing something productive I'm sure it's that Puritan/Mormon training. It's a sin to relax. I thought about making something. I want to make a party/robust stew but it's just too warm still. I was going to try to make the stew out of materials I have in my pantry and then make cornbread to go with like a bunch of all next week – – that didn't get done. So now, whenever I eat tomorrow will be either already made something in my refrigerator or one of the items frozen in my freezer. I might even try soup. I've been doing a lot of soup lately since I have so much of it. I was searching all afternoon for some cans of vegetable soup I know I have at least one can of vegetable soup I want to use as a stew extender. I have a bag of stew I got from one of the food drops which landed on the “sharing shelf”. I figure I can empty the contents of the bag of soup into a pot at a can of this condensed vegetable soup then add some of the steak that I got the other day cut into small bits and then boil the whole thing or similar until the meat gets tender adding perhaps fresh potatoes and carrots and onions. Basically, making a whole new stew. Now I intend to do this project next Monday. Now quick confession spent the afternoon binging the last part of the 1st season of the “The Defenders” a Marvel offering. I was surprised at how taken in I was with this group of superheroes in New York. I was, shocked at the demise of daredevil however no don't know if delivered be a new season to resurrect him because I can't believe they would kill off a main character like that. If you have time or that your board check out Disney's/Marvel/The Defenders.


I'm going to breakfast tomorrow, as usual, with Mark Anthony and whoever else joins him. Were going to try something new and not go to our regular restaurant. Someplace new in this case Mexican should be really interesting maybe I'll give you a report…

No comments: