Friday, October 28, 2022

There And Back Again

 





I was actually quite proud of myself. After doing my Friday morning business and preparing breakfast in getting dressed and do some of the basic things out of the way by checking mail in such I settled down to work on my monthly project of letters to the kids. I had worked a little bit over the weekend and had a few items to change but I started the printing process. I noticed something out of the corner of my eye as the pages were being showdown the printer into the receiving tray there is no words on the paper just white. I could not believe it, I was out of ink! Now mind you, I neglected to say this earlier are right this earlier. But I got little sleep during the night for one reason or another had been up since about 3 AM. I was groggy and I felt that way totally defeated with the printer being out of ink. I thought about the default printer that I have gone to in the past in the computer lab on the 2nd floor but that printer does not accept envelopes like mine does. I don't even want to think about handwriting out the addresses on the envelopes. There might be a way to use that printer for that purpose but I've never figured out. I can't see where to feed the blank envelopes into the printer anyway. Add to the fact that it really was a cold morning and I felt cold and it looked cold outside. I really didn't want to have to leave the apartment. Find something I can wear for heat and then go to some store large enough to have a good electronics department that would have printer ink.


I downed a little bit more copying got kind of a jolt and decided that I would go ahead and check out Walmart just up the street. A quick bus trip there and back again chop chop and back to printed. It was about 2 o'clock in the afternoon by the time I found a hood and crawled into it then headed for the bus stop. I was astounded at how beautiful the day was. The sun was brilliantly shining in a totally clear sky and window was at a minimum. I was becoming invigorated wow I really need to get out and do something in this nice fall brisk weather. The ride to the Walmart was uneventful across the street and made it to the store and pretty decent time actually. I of course had to wander all through the store looking at everything wondering what would be like to have some of the gadgets and stuff that permeate the place. I tried to find the ink on my own. I didn't put a whole lot of effort into the project but I couldn't find the ink and it was because the cartridge number they have listed on the computer is not necessarily the cartridge at the market. What I've forgotten, because I buy ink cartridges so infrequently, is there' are numbers on the box , in very small print, one of which is the number of my printer 6544! I found me was able to find the right cartridge with the help of Dominic the floor technician we spent a lot of time working with me finding the cartridge as well as trying to help me with problems of having on my cell phone.


So I'm back home. I guess I could've been totally independent and plowed into my printer and try to install the cartridge. However, I defaulted to my son and sent a text to see if he was in the area are going to be after work could you drop by and pop that in and sure enough he did himself to go. We used one letter is the test letter to see if the ink started printing properly it did. I'm tired now however the early morning and the bus adventure to and from Walmart is taking its toll I think I'll watch an episode or 2 of She Hulk Atty.@Law and then try to get an early night in…

No comments: