Thursday, October 13, 2022

Cool Is The Rule

 



I usually don't blog about people when is their birthday just seems so cliché and not that I'm a great writer because I'm not I just would like to avoid the predictable if at all possible. However, I'm writing today about my oldest living brother (that I associate with . In my recently surfaced blood relative family I think it may have a brother who might even be older but like I said I don't associate with those folks very much).


This is a picture my brother Carl when I think he was about 16 or 17. The image is taken on our farm in around 1957 maybe as early as 56. I thought my brother was the coolest guy in existence not only do you have a great motorcycle but he also tried to live by himself in this trailer that sat beside our house on the farm. Everything about my brother was exotic . In the early days even for this image is taken my brother and I and the rest of the family lived in the city of Boise. As the story goes in the late 40s my dad purchased a home that needed much repair and did the work to make this house live-ably cool. When my father and my mother married to each had families of their own, so counting me there were 6 of us living at home from time to time in this house that my dad refurbished need to have numerous bedrooms which went into the basement. Before then however my brother lived in a utility room in the hallway of that house. All of his stuff was visible. Carl lived on the top bunk of a set of bunk beds and there was a gas mask and a painted coconut the fearsome face in his area both of which I thought were the coolest things on earth. Sadly, for me, Carl my older sisters had a mother who lived in another state and the often travel back and forth. I didn't see much of my older brothers are older family for that much and it was always a treat when I got to visit with them. Carl also little different in that he and his wife Jean actually volunteered to let me live with them for a year or so following my accident I think more than anything else to give my parents a respite. I didn't really understand this at the time I thought I was just lucky to go with my brother and sister-in-law to live with them in another state. My brother Tommy a bunch of stuff not directly but indirectly. If anyone tell me to shave it was him, I sort came of age while living with him in North Carolina, I did not realize it at the time but he listened the public radio. Only later did I realize the same kind of programming I listen to now was basically the same kind of programs he listened then. He was a literal artist and I found out later quite a poet. A spiritual giant, a great father and a great husband as well as stepson who literally took care of his stepmother in her later years. Gosh, this almost reads like an obituary I hope not. It's want to write about them whatever reason the post is image on my blog. I believe I have been most impressed with my brother as a grandfather. I'm totally impressed with the support is given my niece, his daughter and more specifically his grandchildren from spiritual blessings, guidance and how little life which is honest and true as well as gifts of financial significance as well as vehicles and how to care for them. He seems to have a perfect life that makes sense because after all he is a perfect brother

No comments: