Thursday, October 27, 2022

Thursday Morning Blues

 


I have a love-hate relationship with the Thursday morning coffee group. I look forward to the group every Thursday morning. I'm always amazed at how this is the only time I see some of the people that I live with during the week. I'm convinced there are people in this building that I have not seen the entire time that I've lived here. But anyway, I digress, first off they never have donuts! Well every once in a while they have donuts. One of the folks in the group who I think surreal controller does the smarter thing of making sweet rolls every single Thursday. I thought they were okay the first couple weeks but then they sorted got old. Then I suspect that the dollar that I contribute every Thursday, mind you I'm one of the few people that do contribute every Thursday, it suggested that everyone contributes a dollar to offset costs. What costs? Coffee I think the organization are the company it runs this joint could do that. I suspect that the sweet roll manufacturer is being reimbursed out of those funds. I know this sounds petty and I guess I am just irritates me.


I don't know if I've indicated this before but I'm about the only Male that regularly attends this function. There's another guy shows up periodically but for the most part it's me. I smile a lot I see myself as Jack Nicholson and I try to make Jack Nicholson comments which a few of the attendees twitter at. We always suit the same place at the table so I've got a few folks around me who act as a posse and we are allowed sometimes with other members of the group nothing significant just there in their discussions and we are in ours. As I've indicated usually there's nothing more than that sweet rolls but sometimes as cookies and someone brought hot banana bread this morning which is totally enjoyable. I nibble at the calories simple my coffee make snarky remarks and try to look interested in all the other people sharing images of their grandchildren or videos of the same. I have developed a survival technique which allows me to come and go to the coffee group freely. I start my wash before the coffee group starts maybe a half hour. Of course then I have to go back and forth to check the wash on the throat in the dryer. This allows me to be a good group member yet the same time conscientious to my wash making sure that no one's going to have to wait for the front end loader – – washing machine or dryer's. Seriously, and probably only person washes clothes on Thursday which is good for me. After a half hour to 45 minutes the group breaks up almost like it was on script. There won't has some place to go for something to do in the more honest ones actually confessed to going back to bed for a short nap before lunch. Luckily, I usually have my wash into the 2nd dryer mode which is just about done now and I can take the clothes back to the apartment to folder hangup . I feel accomplished suffer through another coffee group but got my watch done and didn't lose a whole morning in the interim…

No comments: