Friday, October 14, 2022

Weekend Treats

 



The days are just beautiful incredibly perfect for just sitting out and reading after the morning warm-up. It's brisk in the mornings not really freezing cold or can certainly tell the cold is coming whether or not we get moisture with the cold is a whole another issue. My goal is to enjoy each moment of the sunshine that I can even if it makes you look like a lazy bum to all my neighbors here at the apartment complex. I mean once again what is the use of going out if you don't have anything to do once you're out?


There was no reason to go to the market for shopping except, I guess, to pick up some fresh bananas. I was down to my last reasonable banana but I took the black basket with me just the same as one never knew. And sure enough I went on the mini shopping spree. If I had to justify my actions I would say this is my form of recreation purchasing “fun” food for the weekend. Chances are all is at the market again tomorrow for something I feel that I may have missed today. But I kind of doubt it. I feel the market has everything I need for the social experience. Getting ready to go out in public, visiting the store personnel once I get there and socially interacting with other shoppers. For example there's always something way up high that I can't reach sometimes even with the help of my eye level chair. I have to grab somebody as they walked past and asked if they would consider hand-me-down whatever it is I'm interested in. In all my time I think I've only been shut down twice the people who either did not have time or just bigger pricks than I am. I get a lot of frozen stuff, items I can just pop in the microwave and a few seconds have something to munch on or eat or in some cases put together for real-life meal. This week I got more taquitos. I found that my Monday home health person loves taquitos and it certainly doesn't hurt me to share them with her. She often has to leave home without breakfast and spammers for the time she gets her. I got a couple more frozen pies, meat pies one of my favorites. Whenever I'm bummed out are confused about what to have for dinner I can always turn to one of my beef meat pies these pies are just a perfect size. I even got scoopers Fritos corn chips, party size, as well as being dip! And then I stop to the dollar store on the way home and got sandwich cookies and fiddle faddle, special treats for any movies about be watching tonight Saturday and Sunday if they should last a long period.


I really should be stronger and fight my impulse to fill my life with treats. There really is a false form of security for me and delight. The kind of pat myself on the back for not stopping at the fast food joint/Arctic circle on the way home and buying even further treats or even dinner like a hamburger, shrimp dinner are there great fish dinners. I even bypassed the Chinese food place. It only put my pouch with the credit card away and it was quite buried under a lot of groceries which is just as well because I have great food at home just waiting for me to chow down. My apartment is pretty clean thanks to Gloria who came back from her grandmother duty up in Idaho. I washed the dishes up and the floors are relatively clean until I start cooking again but I'm okay for now and for the weekend. I hope you guys have a great weekend enjoy

No comments: