Friday, October 07, 2022

Eggroll Please

 



I'm not sure, I guess I could check, but I'm too them lazy to run a file checker word check on this blog right now. I found this little joint down the street hundred Wood Road not far from my apartment complex maybe 25 blocks south. Next to this other joint called the Good Spirits Bar and Grill which is worthy of a whole complete posting of its own which hopefully I'll get to one of these days. But the day I went out of my quest to find some Asian food specifically eggrolls of the Vietnamese variety. Now I know the faithful reader is aware of my almost space clinical fetish for old-time Chinese food which I finally come to realize no longer exists. What seems to be passing now as “Chinese” food is now Vietnamese food or Thai food but no longer “Chinese” food. In fact I've noticed that the Asian speciality is not necessarily identified as much as the general collective: “Asian”. Some things one just has to accept.


My quest today all started in discussion I had with one the people in the “smoking” posse. I got on one of my tangents talking about egg rolls. I of course started babbling about this little the wall place I found down on Redwood. The person is talking to was quite interested to indicate her husband always is interested in good eggrolls. I can see the place of my minds eye but I couldn't describe on how to get there or even what the place was called. I knew more about what I thought were the buildings or companies around this place by couldn't really focus on the actual name of the little bitty restaurant. However,That was enough to get me focused on getting back to the apartment suiting up and catching the bus southbound – – which I did. The day was perfect, not too hot and really not too cold if one wore long sleeves pushed up to the elbows.A perfect day for riding the bus.


The best landmark I remember to tell the bus driver when she asked me “where do you want off”? Was the Deseret industries. This was about 70th South's on Redwood Road. As I got there everything crystallized and I saw exactly the restaurant I wanted to go to.I wish I could say the food was cheap as all Asian food use to be. The price is not tooexorbitant but was quite a bit for just getting two eggrolls which used to come with your regular order of a meal. Not anymore to lead roles by themselves is about $8. I ordered eggrolls with rice which came with a very cute little salad. It's a whole bunch was $13 and change. The old days that were to purchase 2 Asian dinners/lunches. I think would've even before had I ordered a drink of some sort. I set that enjoyed by lunch and exercised great restraint and not eating the last eggroll opting to save it to give to my friend who wasn't sure whether her husband would like the eggrolls. Hopefully, he had enough to make the decision. I sure would have liked to have had the eggroll tonight…

No comments: