Friday, October 21, 2022

Sizzling Sizzler

 



Supposedly there is a storm coming in. The temperature today rose to the mid-70s but I chose to take a jacket with me just in case I needed one. The wind was blowing sure sign of an oncoming storm. Friday morning of course is one of the days of a home health people are here. Gloria did a great job as always goes up and ready for the world by quarter after 9:00 AM. Normally this not a big deal but today I was scheduled to meet with my other home health person Melissa for lunch at Sizzler steakhouse. I'm not sure how this event even came about except for I know one time before we had said a time to go out and have dinner or lunch or something which never came to fruition. So they we rescheduled that meal for 11 AM. Like I said I wasn't really sure why we're having a meal except we both felt that was something somewhat adult to do. I really needed the reason to go out and Melissa needed a reason to go out who in adult adult type of function. Her life is provide home health services and being overworked mom. I enjoy this person's company a great deal. I wasn't sure how we would react socially, in public but certainly worth a shot.


I'm well aware that Sizzler steakhouse Has morphed from a cut rate stake in poor him to a rather entry-level high-end meet market. Perhaps the best feature is the never ending salad bar and if I were smart that's what I would stick with because the stake that I got… Or just occurred to me that I ordered off the senior menu! Perhaps that's the reason that the stake was so small. Seriously it was just a little bit larger than my thumb. I wish I had taken an image of the portion size. Again, I did order off the senior menu so it should the shocked me. There is the steak and one little plop of mashed potatoes and gravy. I did expand my order to include the never ending salad bar which really is a beautiful affair and I quite full relatively quick I think to the dismay of my date. I was dumbfounded at how much my friend was able to eat and that the speech is able to consume the food on her plates. She truly enjoyed herself I enjoyed watching her eat. I was kind of shocked that my adjudication scale seems to have become a little rusty over the years. I forced myself to make conversation. Sort of like a married couple who'd been together so long they had nothing left to say to each other. In the end we are both adults but one was the caregiver and one was the patient. That's okay, the staff thought we were darling.


I was also quite amazed at the number of blue-collar working folk and seniors who were in attendance. Cleaned up versions of folks who probably usually go out to D's restaurant just on the streets of this Sizzler restaurant. Wives who of twisted the arms of husbands or significant others take them out someplace special and this was it Sizzler's. Sure for the price we could've gotten perhaps more food that these restaurant but not the goldplated elegance of the Sizzler's trademark and renowned staff…

No comments: