Sunday, October 30, 2022

Oh Nuts!

 



It seems to me that my life is just one challenge after another. And I sort gotten used to that and I guess I should be thankful that my challenges are small challenges compared to what could be huge challenges. However the small challenges are also irksome say the least. About a year ago when on this big nut thing when I took a chance and started ordering bulk nuts. Cashews, Brazil nuts, pecans, even filberts a.k.a. hazelnuts. I call these the exotic nuts no walnuts or peanuts here though I should entertain those as well I suppose nuts are nuts. My rationale is that nuts are a health food particularly in the area of dietary bowel management. Too graphic? It's only true legumes certainly grease the skids. So if that in mind I did some research found some fairly economical nut houses. It's not a real problem but I have to manage large sacks/plastic bags of these nuts. What I've chosen to do is make my own creation of mixed nuts. The nuts I purchased carbon qualities of 2 and 3 pound bags which are really quite a bit when you consider mixing them together in a bowl and then just even a couple every morning as part of your breakfast regimen. Anyway, a week or so ago I noticed that I used the last of my filberts, my cashews were already gone and the only nuts I really had left were Brazil nuts and I came across some weird articles about how Brazil nuts are a dangerous to eat. I don't know how much I believe that but it certainly made sense in the bizarre sort away so I've cut back on the Brazil nuts. On my research I found that they are recommended just one Brazil not a day. I tend to fudge on that but it kind of scares me. Anyway, I finally got around to ordering new batches of nuts. I think I did it wrong and ordered them from the wrong houses but that's a story for another posting.


I did this the middle of the week and was totally impressed by Friday when I started receiving text messages indicating that my orders had been filled in for being shipped. I got the cashews the next day and then.txt that my pecans and my filberts would be here today. And sure enough, one of my neighbors pounded on my door indicating I had 2 packages sitting in front of my door and brought the packages in put them on the table. What was weird was that one of the packages was a box kind a heavy. Open the lighter package 1st and it was the pecans which was cool then I found the razor blade and opened up the box. When I looked in the box also little confused look like it was full of whoppers you know those round chocolate candies? Then, it dawned on me, someone made a mistake and chances are it was me but I thought I'd took extra careful time to make sure that this mistake didn't happen. The filberts came in the Shell, that's why the package was so heavy like 5 pounds of in the Shell filberts. I didn't even take the package of the box. I just got to figure out a way to send it back not sure how this works so tomorrow that will be one of my tasks. Fortunately, there is a return station for Amazon in the little shopping center across the street from where I live. I just hope this doesn't turn into a nightmare project.


No comments: