Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas Eve Ramblings

 


It's Christmas Eve almost 7 PM and I'm dining on crinkle/wavy potato chips and onion chip dip. And I'm relatively happy with that. I also have a couple coffee laced with Bailey's and almond milk. Earlier in the evening I struggled mightily with the idea of ordering in a pizza which would hold me over till the 26th. The dedicated reader knows how much I enjoy the cold pizza especially “day after pizza”. In fact I almost got to the point where I had my cell phone in my hand and had gone through the process of “building my own pizza” and when I tried to order the silly item the whole thing just vanished off the screen. I'm sure I had the wrong button somehow but it was gone I didn't have what it took to order again. The truth be known of all the ordered pizza over the phone once. I don't know why this intimidates me so much for just does so I've rarely really considered the concept. Tonight would be good for it or even Chinese if I knew that they would deliver it here. So instead of a Christmas Eve dinner of any type I have elected just to open up a big bag of “party” chips and fished out my onion chip dip I made last week. Is been working in the back of the refrigerator for some time wanting to be sure tonight's the night.


we celebrated Christmas early this morning by going over to the restaurant for breakfast since we found out last week that our restaurant be closed on Christmas day! I guess you got a let those employees have their Christmas too. I've enjoyed restaurants in the past which is basically ran shifts that allowed staff to have Christmas with family or whatever but at the same time be open so folks who have no place else to go on a holiday such as Christmas could at least get a meal out. But that is not the case this year so we had the Christmas breakfast this morning and then the kids indicated they would be coming over tomorrow afternoon, on Christmas Day, for some gift opening. I'm really having to get used to this new phase our families going through of hanging out with grandpa on significant days. I've enjoyed my little Christmas tree and the few get-togethers. Perhaps I'm getting spoiled. So far enjoyed the Christmas season.


As far as Christmas day goes and since I do not have a pizza have leftovers with not sure what I'm going to do for breakfast. I may perhaps the sausage and eggs to go with toast that would be nice. Or maybe I'll just eat my spicy vegetable juice drink, with exotic nuts and toast and possibly a banana.. Actually I'm a little worried because my stomach's been rumbling all afternoon which is not really a good sign. I had a pretty good movement just today and I shouldn't have to suffer through another one until Monday a.m. However, I did turn to one of my summer sausages yesterday afternoon as I've indicated so far my diet has been sort of crappy thanks to the holiday spirit. I suppose if I cut loose all have to call somebody and hopefully get some sort of backup if I can't wait till Monday morning. The only thing that could bring me down this Christmas season and even that wouldn't be that bad of a deal. Really am enjoying hanging out with people who love and that I love as well…



No comments: