Thursday, December 22, 2022

Boxes With them Boxes

 




Finally a day I chose not to go out in the elements. The day is posted be extremely cold blood was not as cold as I anticipated. It's Thursday so that means it's coffee social and also the day that I truly try to wash clothes so all have something to wear over the weekend and this we particularly something for Christmas in case I should need to look a little better than usual. I doubt that I'm going to need such reinforcement but yet, one never knows. At times like now, I wish I had gone out and got the bag of potato chips or corn chips at least to have something to crunch. I guess it worst-case scenarios I could be mapped to the 2nd floor and made the candy machine up there which has small packages of potato chips probably all that I need. You know what I miss? I really miss the big bags of chips the way they used to have them. Even now what goes for “family size” is what used to be a small size portion of chips. I'm sure, even with the cold days that are forecast to be coming tomorrow, I will venture over to the market for a few items to tide me over the Christmas Day on Sunday and I guess again on Monday .


As I indicated I also spent later morning and afternoon washing clothes on one of my returns from the dryer there was a box outside my door a big mailing box, brown cardboard. This truly didn't shock me so much as I'm expecting an order of catheters for the next month. I did shake the box with my foot pedals little bit and oddly enough it didn't sound like catheters though I did leave the box outside the door. It was only when I was missing around the kitchen that I realized that there was the “Amazon smile” and Amazon tape on the box which then I realized the box was not like catheters and something else. I haven't ordered anything to speak of waiting now till after the 1st of the year probably. I was curious what if the box was Christmas of some sort. I searched for one of my hooks and finally found one which I could use to slip inside the tape securing the box and let the whole kit and caboodle up to the table. In fact I put on my lap and rolled into the bedroom and threw the box on the bed. I had to search for a razor knife and some sort to cut the tape. When I did cut the tape I found another box this one had markings on it from Hickory Farms one of my most favorite places on earth. In fact I was totally pondering checking out to see if there was still a Hickory Farms storefront at the mall. Space I did purchase a large summer sausage in the meantime but now I had what looked like a box from Hickory Farms. Of course that box also had its sides taped shut which I had to cut through and finally was able to open a treasure of summer sausages that all kinds of cheese and of course the crackers. It took me a while to siphon through all the elements of the box but but eventually found a scrap of paper indicating I should thank “Shell” (my daughter). Of course Christmas or Shelley. I couldn't believe she knew exactly what I would love for Christmas.


Quite interesting to have a box within a box with inbox. Sadly I haven't even gotten her Christmas present as yet if I do get one to her. Now I'm a little anxious is not going to get there in time for the holiday of course unless I just do the old Amazon card team which I might. After all this is not the season of giving…?

No comments: