Thursday, December 15, 2022

Me And Mr. Grinch

 


Another day out in the elements, getting used to the snow and the colder weather that's okay that's what it's all about been able to enjoy each day as it comes. I knew the day would be exciting just because I would have to be using public transit and there would be a snowstorm. “Storm” is probably the wrong word to use. It was indeed snowing but just slightly but it was persistent and even if it's a light snow persistent snow, like yesterday's snow, piles up. I pretty much canceled out the option of data right into the center, which is really been helpful but did not happen. I had Ted position my feet in the right position and Jennifer wrapped the red blanket around my legs very well and soon I was off to the bus stop. I have to admit I had to be cautious because so much snow at fallen I really couldn't tell where the sidewalk was luckily for me some bike rider earlier in the day had written his bike down the center of the sidewalk I just straddle that bike track all the way to the corner to the bus stop. When I got there there is some employee probably of Utah transit Authority there actually is doing snow removal of the bus stop itself. The skies were dark and the snow was flying not necessarily sideways but significantly falling to the earth. Luckily the buses were on time and soon we were in the warm confines of the UTA vehicle.I decided to take Route 200 which is the State Street bus down to about 3400 S. across the street out of designated stop light. Crossing the street was not too bad but I did have to go through a couple snowdrifts to get to the crosswalk. I was quite surprised that I did run into any issues at all breaking snow from about 3400 to 3445 MainStreet. Very little snow had been removed from the sidewalks I plow through not getting stuck once and into the individual consumer.


As much as I hate to admit it going into the ULC is like coming home. It's interesting that very few of the folks there now even know that I worked there at one point in time. I did the usual however spent time with the Deborah and the new director who is a friend named Holly Mahoney which I think will be a great leader for the next growth of independent living. She likes me we haven't been super close but we've always known were on the same side and basically have the same goals in mind. All he had worked at the disability lawsuit I think when I first met her. My partner at the Access Utah network was a close friend of Holly's. I'm so glad Holly got the position. I certainly advised her that she could call on me anytime for assistance in her transition time Or whenever. I don't know what help I could be siphoned to support legacy give her some input as far as my feelings were the IL next to return to as far as support to consumers with disabilities.


They fed me a dinner of corn chips synthetic cheese sauce and hamburger which was actually pretty good or I was just really hungry. It was kind of weird this year there is somebody I do not know who came dressed fully dressed out as the Grinch who stole Christmas. There is also a Mrs. Santa Claus who are barely remembered from years past that was really hard to deal with. So between Mrs. clause in the Grinch we had a holiday Festival. Once you got the kids lined up and ran them through the line relatively quickly. I would always welcome them to get a picture taken a given by a treat and on to the next one. However, Grinch was hungry for adoration as well as Mrs. clause. So lots of pictures were taken not only sent but with the Grinch as well it was not a pleasant experience but not bad either I'm describing finally finished it seem like a long time. Fortunately, I was able to snag a ride home on one of the buses which by that time the snow it stopped the clouds moved on and the sun shine brightly but I opt to stay with the bus get home get warm get ready for a pleasant evening To my heater. I'm not too pleased with my cushion my but is hurting but I don't really know quite what to do. The snows done now for a couple days. I'm supposed to have lunch with Lori tomorrow that I should be able to just hang out for a couple of days …

No comments: