Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Days of Early Darkness


We finally crossed over whatever ima


ginary line exists out there that causes late afternoon to turn to pre-evening to nighttime darkness by an early very early hour. I suppose it makes sense as we get close to the end of autumn and ready to welcome Father Winter in all his glory and about 13 more days are whenever the seasons change this year – – I have really checked. All I do know is that 6:43 PM and it's been dark for some time outside my window make it feel like 9 o'clock at night. Today I got in the cooking mood and wanted to tenderize the meat that I purchased a couple weeks ago had frozen except for a few pieces I made finger sticks out of and they were so tough that took me half the night just to get the tissue and sinew out of my teeth. Of course, I wasn't sure what I was doing do I ever? But one of my home health people told me to empty it container of beef broth or whatever it is it to container throw the median and boil the hell out of it. I couldn't do just that so I dug down and pulled out the long-term cooker and then in the middle of the afternoon started my process. I took the meat that would thought out cut it up in the strips than chunks and threw them into the trap of beef broth. I don't know why but I felt moved to smash a couple of garlic's threw that in the course and onion and soon I was on my way to making some kind of story soup. I put a good dash of pepper (course ground) which I picked up yesterday at the market. I also threw in an onion quartered and chopped and later in the process I remembered a small canned whole jalapeno peppers I purchased thinking they were sliced. I was just going to put them on the shelf and wait until I finally want to use them as whole peppers. Outside throw that small can into the mix as well make it a very spicy . I hope will be edible just tasting the concoction causes me to cough quite a bit. Whenever I'm cooking soup contraption like this I can't help but think of the characters in the Tolkien series when they're on their track but all I can think about this soup with potatoes. So I dug out my last roaster couldn't find the peeler so I scrubbed it up really good cut it in sections through that in the mix. So there's a few carrots in the soup from the jalapenos and potatoes and I've got a huge amount of soup really going to do with. If it's edible of all. What I what did want I did achieve and that was the tenderizing of thevery tough beef.


Almost left now is to let the stuff cooldown to the point where I can handle it and figure out a way to put the whole thing in refrigerator or maybe I'll just dig out the pieces of beef that I wanted to use anyway for the stroganoff before start building at soup. I could keep the stock and freeze it for soup later on this cold dark winter…



No comments: