Saturday, December 17, 2022

Waiting For The Miracle

 


I'm not sure who did it but earlier this week I received 2 packages of my favorite licorice mail to large packages of nibs. Nibs is the closest thing I can find to the old type of licorice I used to enjoy. What I find really strange however is that the last couple years I've barely been able to find the licorice let me be specific the black licorice anywhere. I can't find nibs cherry licorice, same small bits of licorice but red in color and taste deliciously cherry but I can't find the small packages of black licorice unless I go to specialize candy store. The licorice came by Amazon and there was no card or return address to identify the sender. I'm speculating as a Christmas gift of one sort which I totally jazzed about. I haven't opened up the packages yet on hold off as long as I can. Sometimes anticipation is everything. Like I said I kind of suspect I might know who the sender is. Earlier this year got one of those “way back boxes” of candies or that the time. Mine I think was from the 1960s video pretty good job of representing candies from that era. Of course, it was not 100% but close some candy is just not manufactured anymore sad to say. I think the same culprit who sent me the box simply the nibs. I must've mentioned in one of my postings about nibs somewhere sometime recently. I haven't gone back and done a search without be way too easy and certainly kill the mystery. But if you are the individual who sent the nibs, reading this posting tonight or whenever, just let it be known how much I appreciate the treat which will last me way into the new year.


Tonight we're exactly one week away from Christmas Eve. I'm kind of excited remember earlier in the week I wrote about taking part in the Baptist Christmas caroling. So just got sucked up in the whole event. Tonight there is someone in the common room belting out more Christmas carols on the piano. He played quite well to singing voice slipped a little bit to be desired and his ability to sing and play the piano at the same time was relatively challenging but I appreciate his efforts and again rolling back and forth to the laundry is as doing a and of the week wash server got swept up in the Christmas spirit thing. The tree in the foyer is beautifully decorated and I totally wish there were real gifts underneath this tree rather than empty boxes covered with Christmas wrap. Speaking of Christmas spirit I kind of wish I had gotten the motivations of the bus and go into Murray the liquor store their on State Street to get some rum and maybe some Absolut for drinks. I really don't drink anything I buy. I like just hanging around the liquor store at Christmas to abide in the spirit that permeates these many state institutions. Alike to buy booze that I think my people might enjoy if they ever enjoy a drink at my apartment. The rum I would use to mix with eggnog and the Absolut vodka I would mix of whatever I could. I would like to try a shot of vodka in my vegetable juice drink with jalapeno peppers and celery. I think that be a great drink. Maybe a sip here or sip there but I think that would be about it. I have a strong aversion to drink about myself. Now there is somebody with me that would be a whole different question than he knows how dangerous that might be?


It's Saturday night, exactly a week away from Christmas Eve and I am enjoying my heater in my apartment all by myself searching for the miracle…

No comments: