Friday, December 23, 2022

Boxes On The Floor

 



As much as I admit it, it's kind of humiliating, but I think this is going to go down as the Ally McBeal binge Christmas. I haven't meant to be binging is just happening, just one of those things. I started the 1st season one episode just lead to another and now I'm ready to start the 22nd episode of the 2nd season there is one episode left before I launch into season 3. I don't remember but there like 5 or 6 seasons maybe even more. I don't know if it's age or whatever but I don't remember hardly any of the seasons I've watched so far may be just one or 2 that stood out in my mind. However, I must admit I'm enjoying the experience of having something to do while it's so cold outside.


It's kind of funny like when you're binging is really nothing else that a person wants to do. I did this elaborate game this afternoon after folding my wash and working out on my own bike as usual. I roll down to the mailroom and the smokers are all there and I became involved in a discussion where I was contemplating going out for dinner somewhere. I actually thought about it until I left the group went back to the apartment to finish getting dressed up in warm clothes. I realized then that there is no use for me to go out. I didn't need to order Chinese I didn't need to order a great and wonderful pizza even though I'd really like a great wonderful pizza. Then I remembered I've got this great box of items from Hickory Farm. Sausages and cheeses. It's not a hot dinner but certainly a dinner for holiday dining if you ask me. A meal prepared as easy as possible. I even got out my slicer to slice pieces of the sausage off. There's a small box of crackers also came with my Christmas present but in all honesty the crackers run all that good but they'll do.


This is actually kind of a new thing for me. Usually when I get something that I really like especially something edible I tend to leave that item and its wrappings as long as possible almost to the point of losing the item entirely. But today I decided I I would choose a summer sausage and one of the cheeses to slice and eat while watching an episode Alley McBeal .I took the box of edible treasures stopped on the rack here my work area. I know it sounds childish but I didn't want to broadcast the fact that I had such nice cold cuts all for me. And I guess with perfect, when I try to retrieve the box of course it tumbled from my hands landing upside down on the floor totally destroying the beautiful appearance of the carefully packed Hickory Farms gift box. It wasn't pretty but I fished out one of the sausages and cheese I think it was Gouda cheese to go over to my counter. I didn't cut the Gouda just because it was too warm so I threw it in refrigerator and cut summer sausage and had them for dinner while watching only real season 2 episode 20. It was a delightful experience it would've a better with some cold grapes nice and firm but is happy to have this. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve I don't know if I'll order pizza tomorrow but I might that way out of the set for Christmas day and possibly Christmas celebrated the next day either way I'm enjoying my Christmas holidays…

No comments: