Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Snow day


I knew the weather was going to be inclement, will will the guys are jumping up and down about storm coming in but you know those guys will say anything to get their ratings. I wasn't too worried after all of the most was bit tiff of snow. I wasn't worried by volunteer boss was more worried than I was even called and gave me an out indicated we could put the media off for another week but I figured what the heck will score heading to done it over with. Do not let circumstances dictate how you can all live your life. So that mine, I was pretty well ready, a bundled up wrapped blanket around my legs but my red jacket on as best as I could and headed out. There was a light snow falling going to the gate was not a problem the sidewalks were fairly well clear of snow or ice. But it was on the trip up to the bus stop that I could tell there might be some issues coming up. Snow was accumulating quicker than I anticipated it would. The sidewalk not been cleared of course I went the way of the parking lot which also had not been cleared but it was all flat nose breaking fresh snow not a problem. The sidewalk snow had accumulated to the point that the snow event Down unevenly and therefore causing a very rough ride. This also indicated that more snow to fall chances are that those ruts would just get deeper and more significant making wheelchair traversing almost impossible but help not.


The snow was not a downfall or downpour or wideout. Just nice flaky little flakes fluttering to the ground with significant amounts beginning to accumulate. I got off the train rolled up to a 711 I found to get coffee before my meeting. The snow was accumulating but I was getting through without issue. I have to admit though I was getting a bit concerned. The snow fell pretty much the entire time I was at my assist, Inc. meeting and when we were finished I booked making my train back to the apartment. I wasn't sure how the past from the 47 would be.. The past to the 47 busstop was the problem I was having this morning I knew that if I took Route 54 I would be able to catch the bus the drops me off immediately in front of the gate to the back of the building which I really like. It's never a very long wait at the 217 because it runs on 15 minute headways but still when the snow falling every minute seems like an hour. Actually I was impressed because the sidewalks at the 54 stop were all clear. I've thought about taking the sidewalk all the way to the apartment complex and skipping the bus but I didn't want to chance. I waited and finally the bus came I boarded and swiftly returned my apartment complex. Sidewalks look like they've been shoveled cleanly but I was done being outside. I turned on my heater the high, closed the blinds and play like I was snowbound. One of my neighbors brought over grapes, and small thumb sized to tomatoes and I still had soup from the weekend does truly taking care of them finish the rest of my day in warm comfort…

No comments: