Sunday, December 11, 2022

Free Holiday Happiness

 



I fully anticipated waking up to a subfreezing morning possibly even snow, it is so hard to figure out what the weather people actually say, mean and prognosticate. But to my surprise, pleasantly, the temperatures in the upper 40s! It was balmy, granted overcast but warm beyond description after the last couple of days I've endured. It's Sunday morning, that means going over to the restaurant for breakfast with Mark Anthony and the kids. I was a little concerned about waking up at 430-ish a.m. but is able get back to sleep only to wake up at 6:15 AM which is not bad except for what there's a call time at 8 AM. Sony things can happen that could throw me off a schedule like that. But to my amazement and somewhat pleasure I was able to get dressed, heat the coffee, make the drink and make my bed and get out of here by 8 AM are few minutes to get up to the restaurant on time.


I've gotten the table secured. So weird setting this time to tables pushed together very close to the old guy table on the other side which we gotten to know pretty well over the last couple months. There was a little awkward but Jackson and Jasmine moved tables around and got everything shipshape and squared away. We had a great breakfast actually. Everybody inquiring about everybody else's week in business. Everybody talking and sharing. It was a fast breakfast and we ended up convening over at my apartment following the meal. I've mentioned more than once that my apartment was chaos but I didn't really understand why but something to do with the amount of snow dirt are whatever you want to call it that I pick up rolling around out on public streets after a storm. I would literally tracked in piles of dirt and yesterday since I caught I had all kinds of stuff on the floor. I did try to sweep up little bit last night to no avail really. And I was just totally taken aback when the kids jumped in swept up the floors Mark Anthony started using the swifter mop function and mopped up the front of the apartment. The table is relatively cleaned off garbage taken out a new bag replaced and wishing to have a great time specially me. The talk continues down the next Sunday the 17th or 18th whatever will be decorating my apartment for the Yuletide experience. Jasmine seems totally excited about the concept as the Jackson and Mark Anthony. We're going to get a small fake tree to put up and I assume decorations. I should grab some that were laying around on the giveaway table this last week. Sure will do just fine with whatever we end up doing. It didn't take long with 3 people cleaning the apartment even if I was just topical that looks a lot better and feels a lot better and to truly humbling experience to have these people carefully the way they seem to be doing. Already the more than enjoy the Christmas experience of this year I hope to enjoy more from next week…


No comments: