Monday, December 19, 2022

Christmas Week Maybe?

 


I don't know if this is Christmas week or Christmas week begins with Christmas and goes to New Year's. I guess the latter would be more accurate. So at this juncture are just 6 days for Christmas which is kind of amazing to me. If Jasmine had not brought the decorations yesterday I would have no feelings of Christmas is all the now I do. About the only positive functional thing I did today was go across the street finally and pick up some batteries for the decorations. Of course don't think I can get the batteries in the box for the tree but will have to see. I have to have Jasmine are Mark Anthony or both or whatever come over and help you without her baby did with disdain Here at the building to do such a job. I think I will treat the week as Christmas week however enjoy the feeling is much as I can. I do have a meeting tomorrow so I will be out in the cold tomorrow besides that I think this is about as much as I'm going to go out except to run across the street to the market if I have to do the things one thinks one has to do for Christmas. I have toyed with the idea of hitting a liquor store somewhere and do a few vibes for the holiday but this juncture may be our to New Year's not that I'm using for any of them really I just like to do a consultancy in the spirit and I do like the way the bottles look. I really am pretty shallow.


The residents of this apartment complex are pretty diversified. I kind got trapped into a conversation a few minutes ago when is down at the mailroom visiting with one of the smokers. One of the other residents came out upon us, a lady from Bosnia. She of course has a little dog wanders around getting into conversations as possible. They tell me she's from Bosnia but talks more lectures from Germany and she was brought up in Heidelberg after the war. She actually had some interesting stories about her family and her parents in particular of how difficult was after the war (2nd world war I wasn't sure if you do that are not). She talked about the old Christmas stories of getting a candy bar, one orange, one pencil and a book. Her dad always make sure she got a book. She embellished the story even more relating that she was a twin. She survived but sister did not, dying just a few months after birth . There were not too dissimilar from the stories that my parents told me of living in the days before the depression as most of the depression. How my mom would take a few eggs into the market (the local neighborhood market) and trade the eggs for a few other things. My grandparents had chickens so they always had something to barter with be a chicken meat or eggs. It's funny in so many of the stories the kids are happy to do all the work particularly interfacing with the other townspeople. I really couldn't pay a lot of attention to the stores however, I been sitting on my butt way too long and it was beginning to become painful. I just wanted to lean back in my chair or better yet be back to my apartment leaned back in my chair with total weight off my butt making up my own stories…

No comments: