Wednesday, December 28, 2022

My Christmas Tamales

 

I get my haircut across the street from my apartment complex. Really, will just literally across the street. I believe I written about her in the past. I like her a lot . She's very Hispanic and I think her main clientele are Hispanic folks. She does pretty good with English we communicate very well at least enough to get my haircut. I referred her once what I want folks here you are complex who came over got a haircut. I think you like the price but didn't like the that everything So Hispanic. To my knowledge he returned, Bradleys loss. A number of weeks ago, while getting a haircut I mentioned how much I enjoyed tamales at the holidays. Actually, I've been trying to locate a good source for local Tamales. Interestingly, I meet a couple of folks here from the complex most Saturday mornings little coffee shop across the street and every once in a while a little guy comes in and takes peoples orders were tamales and runs out to his truck/car start yours. I think 3 tamales for $5 something like that. Little guy has chicken, beef or pork. The tamales are Very warm and well wrapped.


I must've been talking about this little guy to my barber she indicated she always makes tamales at this time of the year and if I wanted she would make me some tamales. I felt that would be excellent in the last time I cut my hair a few days before Christmas she brought it up as you is beginning to make the tamales and she would contact before the holiday. I don't know what happened but I did not hear from her report holiday and okay I know she's busy. Then this morning I Received a text message that she had tamales with her . I responded that I would be over soon to pick them up. She said she wanted To bring the tamales to me because I was so cold. The cold has rarely stop me and I want to make sure I got the tamales Today. Actually, the day was not nearly as cool as I thought and felt pretty good to be out and about once again. My barber produced a huge container tamales. Authentic, handmade bundles of joy. She advised me that when I heated tamale Sure they were good and because masa is never Tasty cold. I was surpr the amount my barber had provided me. Of course, she declined any payment which was okay with me. I grabbed my corn masa treasures And headed back to The apartments stopping The South Sea Islands fast food joint or rice.


Now I would be hard-pressed to count this as a Christmas miracle after all just corn masa wrapped around meat All wrapped in a corn husk. But, I felt miraculous this evening when I needed a couple of tamales and rice for dinner. I don't well taken care of this Christmas my humble tamale dinner…

No comments: