Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Items Found Today

 




It's going be one of those nights. I had the complete post for the blog today and somehow I inadvertently lost it! In the old days this would've freaked me out and I would've spent hours trying to resurrect the destroyed file or lost while but now I just shrugged my shoulders and start again is the easiest way and perhaps the best.


It's been a cold blustery day to meetings which Me out in the elements happily so, I just love having somewhere to go and something to do. Of course, today's Tuesday which means I do my stint at assist, Inc. and later in the day my artist friend Lori had a meeting with the new director of this agency called Art Access which basically works with people with disabilities and the community for things are wise and disability. The 1st meeting was downtown Salt Lake which started at 11 got over a 12 I got home by 1 o'clock and had enough time to rest before my next meeting at 3 o'clock at the local restaurant down the road from my apartment complex. Both meetings were relatively productive and interesting. No problems at all with getting to the bus stops are the rides in an out-of-town but what I did find interesting was images I took of lost pieces of clothing. I don't know if I've ever gone into it but I'm kind of fascinated with everything from shoes to gloves that I find on my trips around town. I used to pass these items up only to find myself wishing I had I taken the time to record the item where there was a shoe, glove or other piece of interesting clothing. Very rarely do I get both items unless there like comparative issues tied together thrown over the telephone wire or something like that. Usually it's one item alone on the side of the road not far from the sidewalk may times close to an intersection which makes me wonder had there been an accident of some sort that left the item, alone looking forward make desperately.


I'm sure not able to match one mate with the other less for sure. I'm just not that kind of person power I am interested in documenting the piece of clothing so very much alone and cold languishing on the side of the road. Maybe it's because I kind of identify with these garments. I'm a person without a mate not specifically by design but now that I'm there I'm okay with who I am and how I am perhaps that's important. Maybe I shouldn't sell these garments short either may be each shoe or glove has gotten out of a less than stellar relationship perhaps not with the mate but with the external circumstances of the relationship i.e. the human being they may have belonged to in better times of togetherness like a help on that level except maybe just give these files a place of nothing else at the top of my blog on any given day



No comments: