Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Holiday Lunch

 


It's nothing tangible is not like there's something physically happening but just the knowledge that, today we wandered into winter. I'm not quite sure at what time (I'm sure I could research about if I really wanted to an it was important)but this good old Earth reached its limit and now the hours of daylight will start will start lengthening with each day which also means the cold will abate eventually. Oddly, I begin to repair winter solstice as much as I do the Christmas holiday. Perhaps is one of those things that happen when you get older and time, seasons of change in the promise of each new summer becomes more and more important at least wise to me. Like I said earlier it does not feel like a physical change but I certainly do the mental jolt which almost feels physical.


Even though it was winter now technically, the day was relatively warm temperature and 40s for storm system wanders through I had I guess a holiday meal/lunch with my fellow writer friend Lori. The other person in our threesome was not able to be at the restaurant because is undergoing recovery from recent heart surgery. I sure hope Jerry doing okay. I'm sure he is Jerry's even older than I am has bona fide heart problems. I guess what I'm saying is that one of us is going to have to go 1st. Sometimes get that feeling with all the people in my group. Someone's got a go, lead the way. I'm of course relatively acting on some of my high school websites one of which actually has a page dedicated to people who pass on every here. I graduated from more high school I think our graduating class was 300+ some students. I'm kind of amazed at how many died that I don't know at all. A couple of passed who I actually knew to talk to and such I was out of there circle of influence or more specifically they were part of the “in crowd”. I'm still waiting for those I knew closely to start giving up the ghost. Same with everybody else right now is close to my age – – and there's a lot of us after all my part of the baby boom generation. Those Gis coming home from the war will made a lot of kids. I assume this will start dropping the next couple of months or years. I got off track I apologize, Lori and I had a quiet “senior” lunch. I had the burger the burger was cold fries are called maybe it's something that specific to the senior menu. When you order of the senior menu it's cheap because everything's cold. I can certainly go off at a tangent on that. We gossiped little bit we talked about this and that little bit we talked about Christmas how we going to spend it with family are without family do anything special. Lori recently, high-end power chair just now beginning to use it. She says her worlds opened up however today her daughter dropped her off at the restaurant and she actually engaged and Uber for her return home. She would've liked to have come in her power chair but in light of the recent snowstorm many of the sidewalks are still covered with snow which now turned is making many of the pathways in non-negotiable. That's too bad I can see how it might affect her not believing in the sidewalk system and freedom of the power chair I just been to the hold on continue to have faith soon should be zooming all over the city.I'm sure Lawrence praying for an early spring…

No comments: