Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Quiet Day

 



It's a holiday week many people taking vacation especially in the workplace. I so remember how you had to use up your holiday time or lose it at the end of the year. Therefore, the folks at Assist, Inc. had not done any intakes this week so there's no meeting today to sign off on the subjects which is okay. I had no desire to get out the weather… Even though there was just a light rain and the temperatures in the 40s. I noted with significant concern that there is blood on the bed pad. Not a lot of blood but enough to concern me that I having a skin breakdown on my tush. Immediately I want when my chair is not the chair, the cushion. This is an off day so I did not have support from my home health people. At one point I did contact one of my people have them come in and look at the wound but as the day progressed and she hadn't shown up I decided to put on hold till tomorrow when Gloria my home health person should be here and can give me a good account of the problem and take a couple images that can send my medical folks. It feels like the same area that I had the skin breakdown early last summer. I don't anticipate a lot of issues resulting from this but I would like to get back in the saddle bythe time good weather gets back to the Wasatch front.


So, my days are pretty laid-back, literally if you know what I mean, I try to take the weight off my buttocks as much as possible without actually having to go down on the bed. At least available around the apartment and do some work here and there for washing dishes to washing clothes the bare necessities. I also lay back and watch the television as much as possible when I can i.e. Disney plus, Amazon video and of course good old Netflix. I really do need to be careful because video and me can easily be an addiction. I could possibly spend the rest of my life watching content on the big video providers so much to watch so little time so little willpower. However it my defense today I did cut down a long stick to replace one of my favorite leg lifting sticks after got caught in my back wheels, unbeknownst to me, and I snapped the stick. I try not to grieve too much for a law stick but I did love that stick. I've cut the other stick to size some plastic anti-stick on the end you should be good to go. I'm a little worried about the stick because it does not seem as dense as the stick I snapped. But I did some wood cutting and was able to use my little worktable/vice to get the job done so I did not feel like such a slacker today. It was the 1st day back after the holidays though even though we are in the in between time, feels like the world is back into play markets are open and the buses are running and I can feel the real beginning to turn again. I've included for today's image aan image of Groot a gift for my son for Christmas. Groot is sitting on my CPU watching…

No comments: