Thursday, December 29, 2022

Letters

 


I cannot believe I have done it again. I was actually getting ready to start getting ready for bed when all of a sudden I realized I have not blogged yet! I suppose is not a big deal to most people reading this blog but writing this blog is still a big deal to me. My commitment to post something each day, hopefully at least 500 words. I think I've got confused today because I started writing my “kid letters” or rather I should say family letters. I have a few people in my little universe which I write every month and today I started letters for January. I think my writing these documents (I wrote 2 letters today) gave me the feeling that I have blogged alreadyWhich I find I have not. So, here g


Today I met an interesting person over the Internet. This person found meOn one of my accounts . Identify myself as being a C4 quadriplegic (which I am by definition) she is one as well but I think the level of trauma was much more significant than. Were I can actually get out of bed and into bed independently and a great deal of other items independently this person has significant limited use of upper extremities. I have Gross body movement in my arms and some flexion my wrists and hands which allows me to get by during the day independently pretty much. This person is just a little movement in the wrists I guess probably No movement In her arms. She's much younger than the found her enjoyable to text we had quite a conversation. I do enjoy visiting with other individuals with disabilities especially quadriplegics. I guess is the commonality we share.I'm sure I can learn a lot from this person. It's quite curious that we met.


It's almost New Year's Eve and I have yet to visit the liquor store. I was considering going up today trying to find one relatively close to the complex. However, I'm worried about the condition of my skin on my rear end. I feel I'm getting skin breakdown but don't want to antagonize the situation in fact that's what was happening. While the person looked on Wednesday morning but did not find any issues. I will have her scrutinize the rear end again Tomorrow maybe take a couple of images just above my mind at rest or if there is skin breakdown I can get these images to my physician who can order some time with wound care people. Either way I hope this is just a minor inconvenience and hopefully some information/ammunition I can used to acquire a new cushion to be sitting since I think the one I'm sitting on the best part of the problem. I guess tomorrow tell. Again I bring up the fact need to get out of the apartment to market or/and my branch bank but today was the best day and I didn't do it. Storms are coming in tonight with heavy snow in the mountains and rain and snow on the valley floor. I doubt I'll be going out now till after the New Year's. If anything there's a break in the storm I'll just zip across the street to the market to pick up a few items. And if I don't I'm okay too I can get by…

No comments: