Monday, April 03, 2023

A Pretty Good Start

 


I was so frustrated this morning after getting showered and dressed of everything, when I was finally on my own in trying to get my letters out. I was really hoping to have my son put the new ink into the computer are the printer actually but since he wasn't available yesterday that didn't happen. I guess I had an option of possibly cornering Jennifer is the office manager here at the apartments or maybe even Rochelle the social worker clone baby getting them to do that job as well but for some reason when I went up to check the mail it didn't seem like a good idea.So, in a fit of desperation and frustration I decided I would go ahead and install the new cartridge myself. I mean come on? How difficult can it be? I'm sure I've done before I just don't remember but there's just a lot of hand manipulation it goes into something like this.


Surprisingly, I did it! Retrieved the ink cartridge from its little container in a box from the market then figured out how to open up the printer top to expose the printer system. This is a relatively slow process and extremely uncomfortable as far as trying to get the chair close enough to the printer and manipulate all the stuff I had to do but I did it going totality of course was in installing the new ink cartridge I twisted the printer around enough to unplug electrical plug-in at the back of the printer. It took me a few minutes and some very careful movement is able to keep the blood from falling down behind the the shelf that I have everything on unplug the system back in and seriously then I was good to go. I spent the next hour printing the letters folding and putting said letters into the envelopes I'd already printed before running out of ink on Friday. So I got the letters stuffed, but the money in the appropriate envelopes, and signed everything sealed envelopes stamped them and sent them off by 11 AM which I'm pretty proud of myself for getting it all done by that point in time. I can safely say, at least to me, that was the most important thing accomplished today. But, I still had not delivered the brochures about Assist, Inc. to the senior center across the street from where I live. I did want to go over there until I found my senior center identification card – – can you believe that you got I have an ID card? But anyway in kind of cleaning off the table I found the card so I put on my winter gear (oh I neglected to tell you I'm in the middle of a major snowstorm the least major for this time a year in Utah.) And zipped across the street dropped off the materials are needed there. I was contacted by Andrea's just to be sure I was coming in tomorrow for the meeting. I'll feel better now facing him and let them know I did my job over the week. So, tomorrow it's supposed to snow fairly heavy in the morning, of course, but that's okay I can deal with a little snow, even a lot of snow won't stay around long just because it's so warm now at least the ground is. Kind of worried about my chair is something strange going on as are always isBut I count this day as a positive. I got the letters out, I washed dishes before Gloria got here this morning and I worked out on the arm bike I think that's a pretty good start to the week…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where there is a will there is a way. I am proud of you and all that you do!