Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Green Grapes


I really like the crew at my grocery store just down the street. That's why I'm so disheartened by a practice I think they are doing but I'm not sure. You are really like full-screen grapes they call white grapes I guess. These green grapes are probably my favorites but I like any group that's crunchy and not soft and gooey. But anyway that's for further down in the blog for today.


It was sort of like a reprieve when I found there would be no Assist, Inc. meeting today. I was really counting on the day to be sunshiny and warm. I was a little bummed out however because last night I was having a hard time getting to bed. I was exhausted and I was trying to make sure I had enough protection in case my bowels decided to let go again. Anyway long story short was let by the time I finally got into bed I realize that I hadn't plugged my my power chair and to charge. And last time I charged was Sunday night. But I was just too tired to drag myself back into my chair just a plug my chair in. I tried not to think about it particularly depended on how much charge I have left when I got up and got in my chair this morning it read 70% on my meter but I also know that that goes down fast and I don't know why doesn't seem like it's a fair reading but by the time I got around to coffee and shaving I was in the red zone showing just 17% of charge. I knew if I was going to do anything today I was going to have to charge the chair for a couple hours at least to make sure I have enough juice and even then I wouldn't feel comfortable. I mean it takes, it seems, a good part of the night when I charge my chair when I go to bed. I just wanted enough charge to get back and forth from the market I really needed popsicles is getting that season. So, I read my book and charged for the hour I read and then when it was past lunchtime time to do my bike I plugged it again and did my arm bike for an hour charging. So I figured a two-hour charge should be enough to get me back and forth to the market and that was! I'm still looking forwards to charging tonight all night even though I probably won't go anywhere tomorrow because the good weather is slipping away as a cold front comes through.


I got my usual at the market pickle jalapeno peppers, a Sack of Popsicles (18) and some green grapes. I'm surprise of never stopped me but I'll actually sit there and open up packages of grapes and test them popping them in my mouth. What I've noticed over the last couple of months is that often all have nice tight firm fruit when I test of the odd number of grapes that when I get home I find a lot of soggy soft grapes when I'm trying to eat them which are not very pleasant for me at all. So I'm wondering, just wondering if the greengrocer guy takes the new grapes which are usually firm and crunchy and puts them on the top of the bag of grapes so we get through the top layer all you've got left is soggy ones. I would hate to think that that's a trick they do but certainly would surprise me. However, I'm now not purchasing a huge poundage of grapes the only causes expensive but when I buy just 1 pound or fewer grapes I can ascertain ever there good grapes all the way through which today's bags seem to be that way but I hate to be that paranoid of my greengrocer's You just not right don't mess with another man's grapes

No comments: