Sunday, April 23, 2023

Sunday Thoughts

Looks like a beautiful day outside and actually the sunless out and shining when we left the restaurant this morning. My son Mark Anthony and I had breakfast as usual it was nice. I did miss the granddaughter but kids have lives too. I really didn't have anything else planned for the day so really I just stayed in the apartment after I got home and enjoyed my Internet connection and streaming platforms. I know I keep apologizing for my overuse of these items but I just love being able to watch the movies that I love over and over again. And I promise that once the temperatures get a bit more accepting of me 70+ then I'll be outside of nothing more than to just read my book in the sunshine of spring. I think I mentioned earlier that I had started rereading Stephen King until I could get up to the library upstairs are to the Deseret industries down the street for something else to read but I was able to find the volume upstairs this afternoon that might be interesting. The book is a little hammered the don't know if it will stay together for me to read the whole thing but it might be fun maybe I can use it as a filler/backup for the Stephen King thing. I don't know if I have the patience to finish the whole Stephen King novel. I may just start jumping around to different places in the book that I've enjoyed. We've had another death here at the apartment complex last week a lady that I don't really know I think I've seen her once or twice around the building but she passed away and there's a sympathy card sign-up sheet at the front of the building with of course, her image on it. That's how I recognized her didn't know her by name. Talking with some of my other folks/friends here at the complex indicated that she rarely ever left her apartment and I thought that was kind of strange. There's been a couple folks here though passed away that other residents of said they really came out of their apartments and so nobody really knew him except the old-timers. As I enjoyed my 2nd movie this morning are maybe this afternoon I suddenly thought wow wonder how many folks feel that way about me. I think I do tend to be out in the hallway into things like the coffee social some of the other things that happen around here but as a rule I do like to stay in my apartment probably more than its healthy. If I wrote as much as my friend Lori did I could say I was just a writing recluse but I can't really honestly use that excuse. Maybe I just need to be a little more friendly knock on a few doors see how people are doing. I don't know how well that would go over. Interestingly though we've had a bunch of people die here in the last year or so 5 or 6! That's a lot of new blood in a place like this. There's a lot of new folks to get to know. I'm now welcome wagon but maybe I could be just a bit more friendly…

No comments: