Friday, April 28, 2023

Coffee Shop Friends

 


I didn't travel far today though I could have, it's been a beautiful day the temperature actually perfect. Today it was in the lower 70s and not much wind perfect for sitting outside reading which I did but that was after this morning when I went over to the coffee shop to replenish my drip coffee supply. The coffee I get at this little coffee shop is probably expensive especially when you compare the price to what I would pay at the market across the street, Macy's. I think I ended up paying around 15 bucks for a pound of Italian roast coffee. But it's worth it to me to be able to have a place to go to order exactly what I want that have them grind the coffee for me (and I used to ride my own coffee and I still could should I desire but I like having the ground coffee available ready to go as soon as I get up in the morning. I keep the coffee in an old coffee can that I had a couple years ago. The plastic top which is a lid that is supposed to seal the goodness and of the coffee had corrupted long ago. The lid is now quite broken and places yet I still like to keep the coffee in there. Perhaps if I were making this coffee in the morning for somebody else besides myself I might search for an airtight coffee container. When I make a pot of coffee it will usually last me 2 or 3 days so I'm really not a big connoisseur. Melissa, my Monday morning caregiver, always likes to have a cup of coffee when she comes to work and I love having a couple coffee to offer my caregiver. She is never complained about the coffee even the coffee is 2 or 3 days old – – in all fairness she doesn't know that I just turn on the coffee pot but it's hot by the time she's here and fixes are cup and she seems happy to have it.


I was intrigued when I got to the coffee shop to find a couple of individuals from my apartment complex walking in about the same time. These individuals had never come to this joint before and one of them had lived in this apartment complex almost 10 years down. The kind of blows me away. I was fortunate enough to be there guide to the coffee shop. Both seem quite impressed with the size of the shop and all the items on the walls and behind the counter and the general hustle and bustle going on as people get their coffee and other orders. We found a table and talked for some time. One of the ladies is from back east actually New York City. She's one of the new people at our building. I may have mentioned this before but My apartment's population is changing and I think becoming a tad younger. I don't mean this negatively but is currently refreshing. These 2 people were so intrigued with the coffee shop that they've committed to joining myself and another person who usually has coffee on Saturday mornings – tomorrow. It would be kind of fun to have our own table, 5 or 6 people from this apartment complex.


Was another Friday night at the apartment complex. Not much is going on but is still warm enough to go outside and sit in the sun before it sets entirely. Maybe get another chapter read in my Stephen King…

No comments: