Thursday, April 27, 2023

Warmer Days and Gurgling Gut

 

What a shock when I checked my bank statement today my state check it already come in. I guess it really is last part of the month specially been a 30 day month. So I should the been so surprised but I was just the same. I cannot believe how quickly these days are passing I should be more focused and make everyday count. What I do now is that it looks like we really are finally wandering out of winter. The days are warming up the rain and hail seem to be dissipating and it's beginning to feel a lot like spring.


I was kind of shocked this morning after I got up that the arm of my chair, on the left side, had become detached from the chair itself. This is quite frustrating because I use this arm to pull myself up probably 1000 times during the day – – well maybe not thousand but maybe 100? A lot whatever. It took me significantly longer to get dressed this morning and I didn't even consider putting on my shoes because I use this arm to pull myself up to get my clothes on and shoes etc. it's coffee social day so after the coffee social which runs from about 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM I decided I would head on down to UCAT And see if they can fix the chair. Luckily because a straight shot in I didn't have any issues with trying to keep myself balanced in the chair that I couldn't pull myself up to the sitting position. Luckily, the guys were in another able to get the chair repaired and I'm good to go. They want to pleased with what they did and want to be the get a hold of my wheelchair mechanic to double check their work (which I did later on) but I think it will be okay. I can't believe how much I use these guys I'm sure glad there am sure glad there at the end of Redwood Road.


Put a call into my regular mechanic Allen was able to find time at the end of the day to stop by the apartment and go over the work that the UCAT Folks had done. Allen was able to spend some time on the arm of the chair reinforcing the work that the UCAT Guys did And some of the reinforcing of the arm in general. A couple of the bolts were coming undone which he was able to tighten and so I think I'm going to be okay for a couple of months hopefully. I stopped at Mr. and Mrs. Crab on the way home and had a bowl of clam chowder and crackers. That was the high point of my day. I kind of like this place is certainly easy to get to little more expensive than I would like but maybe I'm worth it.


Now, I'm suffering through what I think is a full bowel and waiting for Melissa get here to throw me on the toilet. I'm gurgling and being very uncomfortable try not to dump a load before she gets her…

No comments: