Thursday, April 06, 2023

"Sunshine Makes Me High "

 


Finally sunshine and lots of it with very little of no wind. Maybe it was a sunshine on my face are just the fact I was outside without heavy jacket but us feeling much better and positive that perhaps there will be a spring this year.


It was a busy morning all things being equal.. I kind of oversaw the preparation for coffee social at 9:30 AM. Irene with the oldest residents here pretty much ran the show this morning getting things ready, getting the coffee gear out two pots, two coffee makers and the usual materials not cans, paper saucers, over the tables around etc. It's interesting Irene comes from that early generation that everything had to be done in a certain way usually clean and orderly. Every time I'm with her as she begins to unpack things from locked cupboards she grouses about how poorly things are put away and in many cases neither washed. She spent a good part of the day going through some of the covers of accumulated plastic materials like plastic containers which food comes in or materials for banquets and dinners in such. Things that seem too good to be thrown away get thrown among the closets are cabinets only to come cascading down when one opens a door On an Overstuffed cabinet. She has found complete dinner sets/dishes hidden away and no one knows for they came from and why they've never been used. I totally appreciated all of her help this morning leaving her comments low unsolicited. Rochelle actually brought donuts across the street from Macy's. Just a dozen but we cut them in half and made 2 dozen and it worked. In fact, it works so well we had quite a few leftover pastries which I noticed had been scarfed up by the time I got back to the market this afternoon.


You read me right. I finally got it together enough to cross the street to hit the market and the dollar store. I did take one of my lap blankets just in case it was colder than I thought it was going to be but I never really had to use the blanket the day was perfect, a little risk but definitely doable and longsleeved shirt and head covering of some sort. I enjoyed getting my usual stuff vegetable juice, sliced jalapeno peppers and seeing the staff seems to take extra good care of me. Picked up a couple potatoes and onions so I'm set for anything I might try cooking whether it's Stew or steak and potato. They even had whole milk at the dollar store so I got a couple quarts of that which will hold be well past Easter but I still might get some more to have in the pantry I've really grown a liking to the milk in boxes.


I don't think I would call it a maintenance day but it was a day that I got a few things done, workout in my blog written and washed a dish or 2. The coffee social came out okay everyone communicated and a few other folks drop by that weren't usuals. I can't tell if the population is growing on not but the folks who show up Are definitely socializing/Communicating That's all I can hope for…

No comments: