Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter Monday

 


I looked on the calendar today, I was sitting in a meeting for the month, I noticed that not only was it the 10th day of the month but it was also Easter Monday. Actually this is the 1st time I'd ever seen that on the calendar as an actual name for the Monday following Easter. What does that mean? Is that a clause for Christian kids who can't celebrate Easter candy getting and events on the actual day because it's on Sunday that tomfoolery would be like breaking the Sabbath and so they got I have the day they can run around, enjoy themselves while stoking up on candy. Actually should be called dentists day for all the cavities caused by the candy eggs in so many baskets. Of course, the title of the day would probably have to compete with the day after Halloween if there was such a thing to happen. I guess Christmas is a big candy day Too now that I think about it. But that's all the big holidays that revolve around sugar. But that's Easter Monday – – weird.


The spring weather seems to be holding because it was such a beautiful day I decided to take myself to lunch and use up the rest of the gift card I got from Mark Anthony and the family at Café Rio. This necessitated trip up to 5400 S. Mark Anthony had given me a card for $25 and I used $12 of that last week when I got a meal and I took great lengths to make sure I'd have enough for another meal. So imagine my surprise when I went to the whole rigmarole of “building my lunch” and going to pay for it and the little guy says you card only has $2.50 on it! I couldn't believe it. I should've just let it go and paid the rest of the the bill which is around 6 or $7. But I sure got stuck in a rut thinking that I should have $12 would should be enough to cover the the lunch and a drink. It was kind of weird I didn't see anybody looking weird at me like what's this hobo trying to pull? But at the same time I think I looked a little shifty. I wasn't trying to make our scene but almost got the impression that the little manager, guy that was helping me was basically told me I could have it for whatever I said they didn't care “the meals covered”. I couldn't tell whether he was taking the bullet or Café Rio's taking the bullet or somebody else from some Christian stronghold had covered the bill and I just wanted the rest of the card that was due me that my son gave me for whatever holiday/birthday I got the card for. I eventually shrugged my shoulders and said okay and totally enjoyed a huge meal since I did want to take anything home or didn't have a way to do that. It seems like I went up to 5400 S. for another reason besides getting lunch but somehow that got lost in the meal fiasco. By the time I was done with my meal I just wonder catch a bus home and enjoy the sunshine outside this afternoon.

No comments: