Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Coffee Matters

 


I'm not sure what I was expecting when I took on this volunteer role of making sure that coffee social went off every Thursday. The operations pretty low-key so I was expecting a lot but I did have some parameters of myself that I feel pretty strongly about that was to be sure we had the treats atCancel that theseCoffee socials. I mean I really don't care if I do it or not I just want the event to get done and done with some good treats. The only reason I bring this up is because today's Wednesday and I think I have a few cookies left over from last week but I wanted to do a bit of a surprise and provide donuts tomorrow from Walmart. While I was at Walmart last week I did check out the donuts that they are significantly less cost Then at Macy's across the street. The day still looked cold and possibly wet, the weather guys talked about how cold it was going to be but Jennifer the manager assured me when she came in to work That the temperature wasn't half bad. I rolled out little later in the morning and understood she was right. I decided then I would make the trip up to Walmart and get a couple of dozen donuts.


I went down to check the mail before I head out to Walmart and happened to inform Jennifer and I was going to pull some money out of the coffee account to pick up the pastries. It was then that Jennifer inform you that Rochelle said that she would be picking up some treats. I thought this was a little strange since I thought that was my job but that's okay I'll let Rochelle do that keeps me from having to go out busing on the day less than ideal. Rochelle is not even in this office other than Tuesdays at Monday's now the left I said more power to her. Then I began to wonder why was I so threatened anyway. I think there's something inside me that wants to be recognized as the coffee social guy which I think is totally stupid in my that cheap am I that weak to need this kind of social recognition? That would really be pathetic if that were the case. So, I'm going to stand back and make sure the coffee group comes together tomorrow. I don't know if Irene or Chris or Tim want to invade the kitchen and take over and the coffee making ritual. Will the Rochelle treats be there in time to lay out on the counter for everyone? Will we get the tables situated right so everyone can sit around and socialize? Like I said, physically I can't do a lot of this stuff especially since a lot of the equipment that needs to be used like the coffee makers are locked up literally the cabinetry is locked and I only know of 2 people who have keys and I'm not one of them. And I don't want to own the keys either. I just said I would do the job to get the coffee socials going.I certainly sense challenges coming however…

No comments: