Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Meet The Crabs

 

.


I could say something inane like they are our 8 months to Christmas! I know that elicited a number of groans and harsh feelings so I won't go there. But having said that should be feeling like spring and be it sure did not. I really didn't want to go out in the elements today especially since I didn't have to because we have a break from our weekly Assist meeting. But, problems with my power chair as well as the charger for my power chair forced me to saddle up and head down to UCAT, that wheelchair reutilization and other equipment shop down on Redwood Road. I've described UCAT in earlier posts as to what it is and how it works it's just say that I use them as my go to for anything wheelchair that I need today. In today's case the most desperate need was to either fix the charger that I pretty much wrecked by rolling over the connector point or see if they'll just exchange my charger for another charger that I can use independently. Luckily last night I had a backup charger though don't really like to use because the wires are pretty frayed and I'm a little paranoid every time I have to handle of the charging cord. But, the charter does seem to work and is able to charge my chair last night but I did want to use it again if I didn't have to. I know they have a bunch of chargers there at the UCAT building.


I didn't really get rained on today may be sprinkled a couple times and the temperature was not as chilly as I thought it was going to be but I still took one of my flannel wraps just in case I needed to keep my back and shoulders warm or I could drape it over my legs and look really pathetic. Fortunate for me the ride into UCAT straight shot right down the road that I can access the bus right from behind my apartment it's a win-win setting. I got down to UCAT about 11 AM and nobody else was there except staff which was great because they were able to immediately repair my chair as well as switch out the charger, which I figure they would. I really appreciate these guys and they done a lot of work for me at hardly any cost.


On my trips down to UCAT over the past couple months there's been a restaurant going and that I have been somewhat interested in Mr. and Mrs. Crabb. I wasn't really sure if it was a real entity since it seemed to be in a dicey part of Redwood Road but I noticed last week that it seemed like they were open for business and so I stopped there on the way back from UCAT. It Wasn't quite It's noon when they say they're open but they seated just the same thrust menu at me. It really is a seafood place and a bar. It's kind of high-end, this means expensive, luckily they have a lunch deal which is expensive but affordable if I don't order anything else like a drink or anything. I pretty much had appetizers hush puppies and cod with chips i.e fish and chips it all came to $11 which I guess when you count in inflation these days is not bad for lunch. This is one of those joints where a lot of orders are like 50 and $60 some orders like 100 some odd dollars and a bring your food out in the tub like shrimp boiled corn boiled everything else potato clams calamari and they have bunch of right stuff as well. The actually have a working bar with all the beautiful bottles on shelves in back of the bar itself. I probably got the cheapest order I could of gotten and was way too much food for me. I supposed to get 2 pieces of cod but they gave me 3 pieces on a bed of French fried potatoes . They did give me a glass of water. 4 containers of different dip 2 red and 2 white which is some kind of tartar dip for the fish it was all pretty good I was surprised. I don't know if I'll go back but I may who knows maybe when it gets warmer

No comments: