Sunday, April 09, 2023

Happy Easter

 


Another beautiful spring day, a perfect day for Easter. I was awake at 5 AM but I stayed in bed till almost 6 AM that's okay but still gave me 2 ½ hours to get ready for breakfast at our restaurant. Things went surprisingly well I was set ready to go by 7:30 AM so I pretty much played by word puzzle until it was time to leave


I was a little surprised law enforcement had taken over our regular table so I had to find a table of closer to the front which sort of uncomfortable for us but it would do for today. We were well ahead of the morning rush/Easter rush at that, in fact aside from the law enforcement boys on our table there were a whole lot of other folks there for breakfast yet. My guys finally showed up in we had a great breakfast, good conversation and best of all my granddaughter picked up the check. That was kind of a shock so rare to get shocked these days and a good one at that. It's so amazing to see visible guys grow up and become adults doing adult things. I mean I don't know if I would ever have picked up a check For a meal with my parents. Actually after adulthood there weren't very many times when I had meals with my parents and thus I think about it when I did, they still picked up the check I never did. Interestingly think about it.


Following breakfast we scattered it was great being out in the morning. It wasn't cold but the sun hadn't really warm things up yet but you could tell warm-up was coming but today was going to be an actual spring morning or day for that fact. I totally did not have anything scheduled for the day. The movies it all changed and the ones I want to go to have departed in the ones that are left I wasn't too interested in. I actually dug out my novel and one outside and sat in the sun for a while, dozed under the heat and then tried to read when I could. I couldn't get over how many people were coming and going it seems like they all had to stop and talk to me about how great the weather was, happy Easter are what is the book I'm reading. I only ignored one in query that was from one of the residents here who speaks in Bosnian and acts like everybody should understand what she's saying. I don't know if she's psychotic, naïve or just trying to get attention but I didn't have time to attend to her mystery language. Like I said the afternoon was beautiful except for high clouds that crept in not blocking out the sun but with the little breeze that was blowing took the comfort level way down. I read a couple more chapters fended off a couple more neighbors and return to my apartment to enjoy the afternoon fishing up couple movies had started watching yesterday in the series on Netflix. Sadly, after all the effort I went through to make my Easter dinner I don't feel I can eat anything because it feels my bowel is full I don't want to jeopardize a blowout. It's making me move kind of slowly if I just make it till tomorrow morning when Lisa shows up all be fine.


I have fresh rice, a newly cooked ham, and potato salad that was meant for today which I think I will enjoy all week. Part of the week should be splendid then clouds moving in but I don't really see a whole lot of moistureBut I'm sure begin to get a good dose of spring fever…

No comments: