Monday, April 17, 2023

Something To Read

 



Over the weekend I finished a novel I had been reading for the past couple weeks. I knew I was getting close to the end of the volume but I still had not found something else to begin reading. Luckily I have a go to author that I keep around in the bullpen in case I have to tread water until I can get another title I want to read. Of course the easiest solution would be to just go up to the second-floor library here at the apartment complex have another volume of the shelf but just not the same as going to the DI up on 70th South America growing area going through all the volumes they have in their books section. Today would be the perfect day for such an event going up and just looking around. It was not too cold and I had a pretty good morning with my home health person, Melissa. But I just couldn't get motivated. Last night because I didn't have a title I went to my Stephen King collection and found the volume that I really kind of liked and read the 1st couple chapters which got me to sleep but it's not something I want to really follow up with. Luckily, I found the volume that I really wanted – – of course I can't remember right now the title – – it's about the widow of a writer much like Stephen King. I really like the volume especially since he's writing from somebody like me he likes the same music I like kind like same quirky things I like. Plus, in the book the protagonists that has been the Pulitzer Prize winning author and King goes into great detail about his writing studio in the old barn not far from the main house. It's just something I'd like to believe I could have had another life. Still tragic that this author was cut down in his prime and not be a enjoy the immense sales of his books. Against got all the weird creepy things Stephen King writes about which are sorry really like. I don't know if I'll read it to its conclusion, maybe I'll jump around the different parts that I like in this volume. I could've also started Insomnia Which I once said I would read at least once a year. Will that really hasn't happened but I'm thinking about reading it perhaps this year sometime.But the book I decided to read the next couple chapters anyway is called Lisa's Story. It's just a cool read. Pretty dense though it took me quite a while but did reread the whole thing. Or maybe I'll just jump around for a week or so enjoy the Stephen King out of it.


Of course it's Monday the last of the good days of this week. Tomorrow whether changes again lower temperatures and precipitation. I'm sure you don't have to wear jacket for sure looks like it will be ringing right during the time that I'll be traveling. That's okay I shouldn't grouse about the poor weather. When the temperatures to be in the 50s and I was traveling all winter in the below 40s temperatures 50 should be a cake walk. Once I get done with my Assist, Inc. business I should be pretty much finished for the rest of the week with the exception of a lunch date I have on Thursday and possibly one on Friday but I think the weather might be getting better by then. Once again I should have done more of my Monday but quite enjoying my Internet subscriptions as well as my Stephen King's so I guess I'm doing okay…Perhaps the high point of my day was a card from my granddaughters I was totally impressed she is becoming such a good little writer and proud of her…

No comments: