Thursday, April 13, 2023

Cheap Plastic!

 



This is what I saw when I turned over in bed to get up this morning. The complete back in my chair look like it was coming apart. I have to admit this kind of freaked me out, just a little, since with the gaping maw like this totally exposes the innards of the mechanisms which drive this chair. Perhaps the thing which freaked me out the most however was how did this happen? I did not notice this when I went to bed last evening in something this significant I think I would've noticed. I spent a good 10 minutes looking at this before grabbing my cell phone snapping a couple images To send to my mechanic which I did. As I raise my bed up to make the transfer into the power chair I noticed a tab on the top of the cover I didn't notice when I was laying down. I actually moved this around a little bit and it kind of snapped into place but I still had the wheelchair guy come out just to double check which he did. I was glad that he came not only for the back of the chair but there's a couple other items he was able to fix relatively easily. It seems I missing a lot of the tabs on the back of the chair which fasten that plastic cover. The only thing I can think of is that sometimes when I'm laying the back of my chair down to dresser redistribute my weight of whatever I sometimes get something not knowing that it's right behind me and maybe that's causing some of the issues with the plastic cover. I still get impatient with this chair think it's very cheaply made. I'm just a grouser.


Week 3 of the coffee social went off pretty well. Last night and got the cookies for the event and by the time I got down to the common room this morning my friend Irene had already pushed the tables together and got the coffee makers loaded with coffee and water so all I had to do is hit the buttons to start the the brewing process. The people are still enjoying the treats that I get though I have heard one or 2 comments on how much sugar there seems to be. Irene has suggested that maybe we do a breakfast once a month or something. When I 1st came to this facility that was in place they seem to have sausage biscuits every month or so and I love that then they just sort of stopped. I have kind of missed the little breakfasts.Sounds were going to start them again that's kind exciting.


I stayed in today a cold front came in we actually had snow falling a good part of the morning. Luckily the snow just got the ground and street wet everything to want for it to stick around. Still it was unpleasant to go out in the cold so I just stayed in doing my usual workout in trying to clean up a little bit which is a major challenge. With the good weather last week it was just enough to entice me to get anxious for the really good weather come that sweet spot before the harsh heat of summer. But even then I don't have a problem with the harsh heat anything that lets you where is little close as possible is good for me…

No comments: