Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Almost "Repaired"

 



I cannot say that I'm distraught but I must say I've come down from the high I was on from receiving my “repaired” chair from the wheelchair shop yesterday afternoon. I was delighted, almost beside myself, getting up in the morning was much safer with my transfer the the backup chair. So, today I was concerned with allowed cracking sound emitting from the back wheels of my chair. In my regular mode of non-belief I disregarded the noise at first then finally asked the bus driver when I boarded his vehicle this morning if you could see if there is anything impeding my wheels in the back of my chair. He could not but he assured me he heard the same noises that I did which put my thoughts to rest to some degree.


I don't think I'm in any imminent danger to speak of if the noises emitting from my back casters. Almost sounds like bearings of gone out whether something actually in the wheel grinding away when I make a turn on wheels must also turn. Against my better judgment but in a weak moment of proactivity I called the wheelchair shop and gave them my information. Of course they had nothing to tell me – – all I wanted to know was that my endanger or in my endanger being stranded. Of course they're not going to give me an answer over the phone and the first thing out of the guys mouth was we can pick the chair up tonight and probably her back tomorrow night – – which is exactly what I should've done but in all honesty I'm not prepared to go back to my backup chair just yet. It's just so nice having a battery that lasts the duration of my trip. I know this sounds kind of trite but I'm just praying I can write it out until the last part comes in for my new chair. I'm hoping this is going to be just a few days with us the case and I get my new chair that I will gladly surrender this chair to UCAT to have them do the refurbish project. So I suppose this is another test, another challenge to my patience.


I got my renters rebate check in the mail a couple days ago and today, with the “repaired” chair and the weather been somewhat enjoyable I decide to strike out and head to my local credit union to make the deposit. On the way back I was feeling kind of restless so I figured I would spend some time on the campus of the community College down the street perhaps hang out at the student union get a bite eat at the if the facilities were open. As I cruised through the parking lots and up to the community college buildings I stopped my tracks seen an interesting photo opportunity. On the ground were several pairs of gloves and fragments of other pieces of work clothing. For a split second I was concerned thinking back of the last time I stopped to take the image of unique pieces of clothing along my path. Hoping for the best I snapped a couple of images and close my eyes and engaged my joystick and want forward all the way to the cafeteria and beyond

No comments: